Age: 7 Years Sex: Male Weight: 1-10 lbs
|Home:Corona/Norco, CA ||[I have a diary!] |
Leave a bone for Kiffin, CGC
Kiff, Kiffy, Kiffers, banshee dog
| ||Energy|| || |
| ||Intelligence|| || |
| ||Friendliness|| || |
| ||Playfulness|| || |
| ||Disposition|| || || |
October 9th 2006
Playing with Mommy and Daddy, chewing on anything, going for walks
Being put in my crate and baths.
A squeaky frog, squeaky dug, squeaky christmas toys...really anything that makes a noise.
Treats, carrots, Nutro Puppy Food
The main walk that we do is around the complex, but there is this outdoor mall that Mommy and Daddy take me to sometimes that I absolutely love because there are sooooo many people and I get lots of attention.
Shake and looking as cute as possible
We have been wanting an AKK for quit some time and were on a few waiting lists. We asked one of the breeders if she knew of anybody that might have a puppy available and she referred us to a breeder outside of Baton Rouge, LA. It was the breeders first AKK litter and she wasn't sure about sending her pup so far away on an airplane, especially since the flights are pretty long from Baton Rouge to Los Angeles and none of them were non-stop. So, we flew down to LA to meet the breeder and pick up the puppy on December 2, 2006. We are so happy that we can be owners of this wonderful breed and thank all that have helped us in getting our little boy.
Kiffin is named after Kiffin Rockwell, a WWI fighter pilot (Daddy's family are hobby pilots and have named all of their dogs after pilots). Rockwell was known for being the first American pilot to shoot down an enemy aircraft. He was also known for his bravery and fighting style (flying straight at a plane and shooting until it goes down). Kiffin (the puppy) takes after his name sake in his fearless style to explore as much as he possibly can and never giving up on a goal until it is completed (especially when playing tug-a-war with us). He will also become completely focused on a toy or a smell and we will have quite a tough time getting him interested in something else.
It fits in my mouth...it is mine.
The Groups I'm In:
!!!! Cutest Pups of the World !!!!, !!!! Frisco Pups !!!!, !!!! Treat Pup Lovers !!!!, !!!!TuG- a -WaR DoGgIeS!!!!, !~!~!~CUTEST PUPPYS EVER!~!~!~!~, "DOGSTERHOLICS", (For the love of) SQUEAKY TOYS!!!, Addicted to Flyball, Alaskan Klee Kai, All Dogs of California, Clicker trained dogs and clicker training, Clicker Training, DOGSTER-PLUS DOGS, Riverside Hot Doggies
The Last Forum I Posted In:
How did your dog get his/her name?
I've Been On Dogster Since:
|December 9th 2006
||More than 7 years!
Rosette, Star and Special Gift History
See all my Pup Pals
See all my Pup Pals
October 19th 2009 11:09 am
[ Leave A Comment ]
Had my first agility match! I had my first agility match the other day and it was a blast! It was what they call a fun match so no prizes or titles are given out. It is just for practice. Mom and Dad said that I did well and that it looked like I was really enjoying myself, which I was!
During the first round I got a little confused and wasn’t listening or watching Dad that much, I was just enjoying running with him, which caused me to miss the A-Frame so I had a hard time climbing up it. After that I did pretty well until I got to the teeter. I love the teeter; it is definitely my favorite obstacle. But this time I was going so fast when I went up that I went all the way to the end and jumped right off while it was still near its full height. Dad called me back and had me do it again :(. So I took it more slowly and waited for the teeter to go all the way down and waited at the bottom for dad to give me the “okay” to continue to the next obstacle. I had a hard time with the weave poles (my least favorite object) and missed a couple of jumps but overall mom and dad were happy with how well I handled it. I only ran from dad a couple of times but came back immediately when he called me. I didn’t go and say hi to the judges like one of my classmates did (but I really wanted to).
The second round both dad and I did much better. I didn’t miss the A-frame or any of the jumps. I also took my time on the teeter so that I wouldn’t fly off it and to make sure that I hit the contact. Still had a problem with my weave poles though (stupid weave poles). Mom says it is because I have ADHD and can’t keep my attention span long enough to go through all of the poles. Overall I had a great time though and can’t wait to do it again!
September 5th 2007 6:11 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]
So Mommy and Daddy got me a new sister on Saturday but before I tell you about my new sister, let me tell you about my Saturday.
First we went to my favorite pet store where I got to see all of my favorite people. They all kept talking about me and saying things to me like “Kiffin, are you getting a new sister?” How should I know? All I know is that I am at the pet store, being loved on and Mom and Dad are buying cool things, such as toys, and a new collar and leash. Than we get in the car and go for a really long car ride. I didn’t pay attention to where we went all I know is that when we got there, I got to go out to a beach, which is okay. I like the walking and the smelling part, but I HATE water. We went to a section where the water goes under a bridge and while Mom and Dad where looking under the bridge, a wave come over and got us all wet. Needless to say I was not happy. What was worst is that Mom and Dad where laughing at me! They might have been saying “Poor Kiffin” but I could hear them laughing and see them smiling. Then we went and met up with a Lady and a Guy that were holding a small puppy. As Mom and Dad talked with them and signed papers I got to meet the puppy and smell her. She was okay but I was more interested in the people. After a little bit, we got in the car and Dad put the puppy in the crate and set her up so that she was in the middle of the back seat so that we could still see her. I was able to see her too, but she just slept most of the time. When we got home Mom and Dad set everything up and let me see more of my new sister. Now I really don’t know what to think! Here is another dog in my home, eating from one of my bowls and chewing on one of my sticks! Mom and Dad even let her go potty where I go potty!
Mom did give us both sticks to chew on. I tried to get hers but Mom told me “No” and brought me over to my stick. She said that the sticks are the same but I know that the puppy’s is better than mine because she is eating it. Mom attached a bowl to her crate and once the puppy started eating the food from the bowl I had to eat it too. Mom says it is the same food that is in my bowl on my crate, but I know it is different, I even ate some to prove it. To top it all off, she cries at night while I am trying to sleep. Mom says that I used to cry at night too, but I don’t remember that.
Although having a new sister is strange and I am not sure about sharing things, it is also a lot of fun too. Now I have another puppy at the house to play with instead of having to wait for us to go somewhere to meet other dogs. And she is a lot of fun to play with although she winds up getting tired after we have only been playing for a little bit. Mommy says that I am doing a really good job playing with her and that once she is older she will probably play a lot more with me. As long as she doesn’t keep trying to take my chew stick.
By the way, her name is Sabiha and although she is a pest she is offly cute. Currently she isn’t trying to get my chew stick because she found something better to chew on…my foot! Oh well, at least she isn’t going after the stick.
June 5th 2007 11:55 am
[ Leave A Comment ]
Wow great game!
Here are the rules of the game!
Each player starts with seven random facts about themselves. Dogs who are tagged, need to post in their Diary the rules & their 7 pawsome facts. Then choose 7 dogs to tag and list their names. Don’t forget to bark them a pmail that they have been tagged and to read your Diary, or, send them a fun Rosette announcing they've been Tagged!
1. I don’t really bark, I talk. Whenever I bark at something I do a combination of a bark/growl that makes it sound like I am trying to talk to the person/object. Mom and Dad just laugh at me. Speaking of “talking” I always have to have the last word. Whenever I am in trouble for doing something and Mom or Dad yells out “wrong” I talk back to them. Mom usually laughs when this happens while Dad says “wrong” again, in which case I need to talk again. I also talk whenever Mom has a treat and gives me a command that I don’t want to do. I want the treat but do I really need to “park it,” which is my least favorite command.
2. I am currently in training to be certified as a Canine Good Citizen (CGC). It is very hard and although I have a lot of the commands down there are some things that I still need to work on. I don’t like heel and can’t figure out why I have to do a stand stay. If I have to stay than I want to lie down, not stand up.
3. My ultimate favorite toys are plush squeaky toys. I love squeaky toys, every time I hear a toy that makes noise I find it and stare at the person holding it until they give it to me. If it is a plush squeaky, all the better, I like sleeping with the plush squeaky toys.
4. My favorite wrestling moves are the “body slam” and the “bear attack.” The “body slam” I use while wrestling with other dogs. I thought that it worked really well, especially while playing with my Uncle Lindbergh who weighs 3lbs. Just recently I tried using it on my Uncle Barnabus who is a Chow mix that weighs close to 100lbs, he didn’t move a whole lot after I slammed my body into him. The “bear attack” is for using when playing with humans. I stand on my back feet and hold my front paws up high.
5. I just recently discovered the joys of soccer or more specifically soccer balls! Mom thinks it is funny because the ball is about the same size as me but that doesn’t stop me from trying to take it away from whoever has it. I can block the ball and do a little bit of dribbling too. The dribbling usually requires me talking to the ball to get it to move.
6. My favorite game to play is called “Jungle Boy.” I go out into the backyard at Grandma and Grandpa’s and go into their planter which has huge trees and bushes. From there I pretend that I live in a jungle and go exploring, get wet if it has been raining, and roll around in the dirt. Once while exploring I dug up a bone that was from Grandma and Grandpa’s old dog that they figured had to be at least 4 years old.
7. My other favorite game is the Red Bug also known as a laser pointer. Whenever I see Mom or Dad holding the toy that the bug comes out of I get really excited. They have to make sure that I go potty before playing because once I see the bug or the bugs house I don’t think of anything else, I will get so caught up in playing that I don’t realize I have to pee until I can’t hold it anymore
Dogs I've tagged:
1. Uncle Barnabus
See all diary entries for Kiffin, CGC|