Arrival Story: A family aquaintance offered Balto to us free. They were an older couple and did not have the energy or affection (he deserves) to give him. Had we not taken him he probably would not be alive today. He is a very happy dog.
Each player starts with seven random facts about themselves. Dogs who are tagged need to post in their diary the rules and their seven pawsome facts. They then chose 7 dogs to tag and list their names. Don't forget to bark a pmail that they have been tagged and need to read your diary or send a rosette announcing they have been tagged. Copy and paste rules in your diary then put in your info.
My 7 facts:
1. My mom's sister's in-laws got me from someone close to where they live and put me in a small outside fenced kennel to live .... they never changed my water and I was rarely fed ... til one day when mom's daughter "emily" was at her in-laws house and saw me and asked if she could have me - they said yes and I got to go home and now I am well fed and have fresh water every day.
I Love my family !
2. I am the alpha dog !
3. I am an escape artist - I drive my family crazy when I escape - I stopped traffic one time (and almost killed myself) because I went out on I 95 in the median.
4. I prefer to NOT have a collar on - I like to be what my parents call "Naked".
5. I Love Cheese Bones - the parents get these hollow bones and fills them with sandwich cheese - it's a real attention keeper.
6. I Like to play "Dead Dog" for treats ...
7. When my Dad looks at me and says "Be the Wolf Balto" I go "Grrrrr Ruufffff" just like a wolf !
I can't begin to bark enough of how easy it has been to escape since my mom and dad have to take all us dogs (and teenagers) out of the house each time it shows (they are trying to sell it) .... Last Saturday they took me and my family to the tabby ruins (it's an old sugar mill from the 1800's .....) they thought "hey - it'll be a nice walk in the wooded area and something new for us" ... well - my human brother Dean was walking me and my sister Anusha and he thought .... "They are tangled up, so I'll switch hands" --- well I thought ... "Oppertunity" so I took off !!! What a blast !! (If any of you have been to lower Georgia, you'd know that it's really swampy .....) My dad and Dean ran after me and my mom was left with the other 4 dogs ... so she just decided to sit down in the middle of the ruins ... so the other 4 dogs wouldn't drag her all over the place ... While Dad and Dean were hunting for me - Dad kept calling Mom on her cell (like she could get up and help in the chase!) I would hear him say .. I see him ... He called her at least 15 times .. telling her how close I was to him and Dean (and you have to understand that the ringer on Mom's cell phone is the same song that's on my brother "The Abominable Wookie's" page - you have to go to his page to hear it to get the full feel of this story) ...... Mom told me that she almost pee'd on herself between laughing and praying and being pulled by the other 4 ..... but I managed to evade for at least 20 minutes ... Unfortunately I am drawn to highways ... and the parents thank God everytime I get caught ... I guess I don't realize that cars and dogs running on the highway don't go well together. Anyway ... Mom says for everyone to keep praying for me to not escape anymore - because it would break her heart in a million pieces withut me being part of the pack ....
Much love to all my friends here on Dogster !! Balto
Hi to all - My mom says that I am the quiet, yet strong type of dog ... not sure if I know what that means, but as long everyone remembers that I am Top Dog, she can call me what she wants to ... I miss my sister Anusha, she is supposed to be home tomorrow. My brothers Wookie and Dudley are driving me nuts .. but they are lots of fun to play with ! Well, bye for now - and a Woo Woo Woooooo ..