Likes: I loooooooooove Greenies, sitting in laps (especially Mommy's lap), playing with my miniature tennis ball (especially with Daddy), tummy rubs, waiting on the kitchen rug for Mommy to drop food, and when Daddy gets home from work because that means a WALK!
Pet-Peeves: I do not like pottying outside in the rain, and I dislike it even more when Mommy & Daddy leave the house without me!!! Also, I don't like it when Mommy & Daddy hug and kiss each other and I am left out!!
Favorite Toy: Humpy, my very first doggie stuffed animal (blue-and-white sheep). He was bigger than I was when I was a pup. :)
Favorite Food: Broccoli, of course, is my favorite........but I also enjoy cucumbers, baby carrots and green peppers. The occasional stray piece of popcorn is a delight!!
Favorite Walk: I love going to MY park -- there are lakes and ducks and other doggies to bark at; I also love to get the mail with Mommy, but I get nervous if we are in the front yard too long, so I head back to the garage to wait for Mommy.
Best Tricks: Mommy & Daddy love it when I carry Humpy to bed with me at bedtime. They try to prevent me from hopping too much, because it is bad for my knees, but I look very cute when I do this. :) I am also pretty good at chasing my own tail.
Arrival Story: My daddy was visiting friends of the family in Florida. I was about 7 weeks old, and I kept following Daddy around and wanted to play with him. Daddy brought me home on the airplane to Mommy, and boy was she surprised when she came home and saw me in my pup playpen. :)
Bio: My dog mommy's name is Pandora, so you can imagine the kind of puppy I am. I don't get into trouble THAT often, but I have been known to be quite stubborn at times (much like Mommy & Daddy). We are all redheads. :)
To all the cute doggies who tagged me (and then some)……………….Mommy finally got around to telling me what I should write in my diary about myself, so here goes:
1. I have four white paws and white pants (below my tail). Mommy calls me “White Pants” sometimes, and Auntie Van calls me “Four White Paw” (my Indian name). Heehee.
2. Sometimes when I play with my toys, my upper lip gets stuck and it looks like I am really smiling big. Mommy laughs and laughs, and tries to snap photos of me while my lip stays like that.
3. I like to unstuff my toys at times when Mommy & Daddy least suspect I am up to something. One time, Mommy & Daddy were watching TV, and Mommy started looking around because she had not seen me in awhile. She found me in the guest bathroom, with white stuffing all around me, and my little green horsie looking quite deflated. It was a woofing good time!!
4. I get very excited when Mommy & Daddy put their exercise shoes on, because it usually means a walk…………there are some times, in the mornings, when they both leave me with their exercise shoes on and I DON”T get my walk……………..hey, what’s that about? What is “the gym”, anyway, and why can’t I go!!??
5. I prefer it when it is just me and Mommy and Daddy, indoors. When one of them is gone, I wait on the kitchen rug and listen for sounds of their return. I like everyone to be together!!!!
6. I put up with getting my teethies brushed because I get yummy poultry-flavored doggie toothpaste………….but when I have had enough, I start sneezing and then I am let go, with an “Oohhhhhhhhhhh, Drake!!!” WHAT?! Heehee.
7. I love my Mommy & Daddy to the moon and back…………….I wouldn’t trade them for any other owners. I hope every one of you poochies feels the same way about your owners!!!
There, now you know a bit more about me…………I would love to learn more about all of you, too!!!
The special pals I am tagging, in alphabetical order, are:
1. Baxter (503314)
2. Cosmo (380677)
3. Darci (185606)
4. Harley (516452)
5. Lady Chadee Bear (359349)
6. Lady Chewee Bear (359338)
7. Logan (485837)
8. Mitch (499574)
9. Nacho (439690)
10. Peanut (495189)
11. Peewee (499525)
12. Sassybelle (557827)
13. Sweetie (510718)
14. Teddy (540272)
15. Tessa (121303)
16. Tribble (412849)
17. WylieBear (359029)
If you would like to continue the game of tag, write in your own diary and tell us about yourself. Then let us know to go and read it.
Woof-Woof to all my dear pals!!!! :):)
On Thursday, Mommy got me up really early. She took me outside first thing, like she always does, but when I came back in, I didn't get my usual treat. OK...........so then I trotted into the living room and could not find my puppy food or even my water bowl. What was going on? Did Mommy forget about me??!!
After she got all ready, she put me in the car. I started shaking a little because I realized we weren't going to the park for a walk. She carried me inside and then I REALLY started shaking. And THEN she hugged me and kissed me and said she "wuffed" me and she would be back in a little while. She handed me over to another girl who carried me back into a smaller room. I don't really remember all that much after that. I guess I fell asleep.
When I woke up, I had a pink bandage around my left forepaw (hey, don't they know I am a boy?) and my mouth was a little sore. My fur ruff was kind of damp, and smelled like when Mommy gets done brushing her teethies. HEY, I just realized I had MY teethies brushed. They feel smooth and Mommy says they are pearly white!! I just grinned at her, which made her pick me up and hug and kiss me (I grin at her a lot, just so she will love on me). She also said something to Daddy about "brushing Drake's teeth every night". Hmmmmmmmmmm, I don't know about that!!!!
I am sooooooooooo excited. Mommy and Daddy came back to me. I was looking for them all weekend. I waited patiently on the kitchen rug for the garage door to open and for Daddy to come walking in. Daddy always makes me sit quietly while he puts down his big briefcases and kisses Mommy. Then, I get to jump up and down and give him hugs!! I was on high alert at every sound I heard, thinking it was Mommy coming home. She loves me so much..........she always picks me up and puts my little face up to her face and snuggles me.
It was so weird..................Mommy and Daddy left in the morning as usual. Then Daddy came home for lunch and we played. Then I took my afternoon nap. The garage door opened and it WASN'T Mommy OR Daddy. It was one of Mommy's friends!!!!!! She stayed with me the whole weekend, and gave me lots of treats and snuggles. It wasn't bad, but I just kept wondering where Mommy and Daddy were. Were they coming back? When? Why did they leave? They always take me with them when we go visit other houses.
They explained to me that they missed me so much. I was so excited that I started panting and had to drink half my bowl of water. I kept jumping up and down and trying to get Mommy to pick me up and give me hugs. It was so great to see them again. I heard Mommy tell Daddy that she hates going out of town without me, but she is glad we didn't have to "put Drake in the kennel". I don't know what a kennel is, but I don't think I want to find out. I guess I know now that if I don't see Mommy and Daddy for a few days, it's okay because they will come back to me !!!!!