May 30th 2007 10:27 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]
Mission Possible! I have been tagged ... the mission: to find 7 pups to fulfill the rules of the mission by locating 7 other agents to continue the mission!
Tagged by: My girlfriend, Agent: 240717,Sassy!
Each player starts with seven random facts about themselves. Dogs who are tagged, need to post in their Diary the rules & their 7 pawsome facts. Then choose 7 dogs to tag and list their names. Don’t forget to bark them a pmail that they have been tagged and to read your Diary, or, send them a fun Rosette announcing they've been Tagged!
1) I was mom and dad’s second kid.
2) Mommy got me from Daddy’s aunt who bred Cocker Spaniels. She chose me from the rest when I was only 6 days old.
3) Mommy chose me because she loved the little white spot on my nose that she called my “snot spot”. But as I got older, it “moved” to the inside of my nose!!
4) I was named after Shelbyville, KY. Mom and dad were coming home from picking me from the litter and mom was thinking of names and they passed an interstate sign with Shelbyville on it and she liked the name Shelby so it stuck with me once I came home with them!
5) Mom cuts my hair herself. Can you say “Bowl cut”?!?! BOL
6) My sister , Reba, used to sit on me when I was a puppy to keep the toys away from me. It stopped shortly once I became as big as she was!! BOL
7) It took my mommy more than a year to finally have me completely housetrained. She later learned that was common in Cocker Spaniels. We can be a little stubborn and close minded to new things. I am the reason they always had a carpet cleaner handy!!
Dogster Secret Agents:
1) Agent 113085, Maple!
2) Agent 273619, Chester Copperpot!
3) Agent 120893, Skye!
4) Agent 247621, Elliot!
5) Agent 242553, Yippy!
6) Agent 150007, Parker!
7) Agent 518576, Poppy!
Good Luck, Dogster Secret Agents!
'Agent 42318' aka "0-0- Cocker"
October 27th 2006 1:01 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]
Ok, yeah ... I am a grumpy ol' man but doesn't mean I don't care about my pals. So just in case youse miss any safety points, my mom is gonna use MY space to post some tips she gots from da ASPCA e-letter she gets.
NO SCAREDY CATS THIS HALLOWEEN: TOP 10 SAFETY TIPS FOR PET PARENTS
Attention, companion animal caretakers! The ASPCA would like to call your attention to these common-sense cautions that’ll help keep your pets safe and stress-free this time of year.
1. No tricks, no treats: That bowlful of candy is for trick-or-treaters, not for Scruffy and Fluffy. Chocolate in all forms can be very dangerous for dogs and cats, and tin foil and cellophane candy wrappers can be hazardous if swallowed. If you suspect your pet has ingested a potentially dangerous substance, please call your veterinarian or the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center at (888) 426-4435.
2. Popular Halloween plants such as pumpkins and decorative corn are considered to be relatively nontoxic, yet they can produce gastrointestinal upset should pets ingest them. Intestinal blockage could even occur if large pieces are ingested.
3. Keep wires and cords from electric lights and other decorations out of reach of your pets. If chewed, your pet could experience damage to his mouth from shards of glass or plastic, or receive a possibly life-threatening electrical shock.
4. A carved pumpkin certainly is festive, but do exercise extreme caution if you choose to add a candle. Pets can easily knock a lit pumpkin over and cause a fire. Curious kittens especially run the risk of getting burned or singed by candle flames.
5. Dress-up can be a big mess-up for some pets. Please don't put your dog or cat in a costume UNLESS you know he or she loves it (yup, a few pets are real hams!). For pets who prefer their “birthday suits,” however, wearing a costume can cause undue stress.
6. If you do dress up your pet, make sure the costume isn't annoying or unsafe. It should not constrict the animal's movement or hearing, or impede his ability to breathe or bark. Keep a look out for small, dangling, or easily chewed-off pieces on the costume that your pet could choke on.
7. Take a closer look at your pet’s costume and make sure it does not obstruct her vision in any way. Even the sweetest animals can get snappy when they can't see.
8. All but the most social dogs and cats should be kept in a separate room during peak trick-or-treat visiting hours. Too many strangers can be scary and stressful for pets.
9. When opening the door for trick-or-treaters, take care that your cat or dog doesn't dart outside.
10. IDs, please! Always make sure your dog or cat has proper identification. If for any reason your pet escapes and become lost, a collar and tags and/or a microchip increase the chances that he or she will be returned to you.
Hope everyone enjoys dere holiday but do it safely!
Grumble! Snuff! **Sigh**
July 18th 2006 3:33 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]
Please breed responsibly. If you do not breed for the betterment of the breed, please don't breed. Unless you know everything about your line of pup, you don't know what you are breeding! Just because colors are pretty doesn't mean breeding will bring those colors about in your litter. Nor does it produce a strong line of pup. Genetics is a scary thing and not to be taken lightly!
Please rescue instead of breeding!
Don't let this be one of your pups outcome!
My mommy got this from a dogster friends (Thanks Abby!) and felt it was a good thing to pass around.
I AM FAMOUS NOW
I was born today. One of ten. My daddy was very famous. I have lots of half
brothers and sisters. My mother is very famous. Since she got famous, she
only has puppies. No more loving hands. No more fun trips...just puppies.
She is always sad when they leave her.
I left home today. I didn't want to go, so I hid behind my mama and my 3
littermates that were left. I didn't like you. But one day they said I would
be famous. I wonder-is famous the same as fun and good times? So you picked
me up and carried me away, even though you were concerned about me hiding from you. I don't think you liked me.
My new home is far away. I am scared and afraid. My heart says, "BE BRAVE".
My ancestors were. Did they go to "good homes", like mine? I'm hungry
because I can't eat too much because it will be bad for my bones. I can't
bite or snap when the children are mean to me. I just run and play and
pretend I am in a big green fields with butterflies and robins and frogs. I
can't understand why they kick me.
I am quiet but the man hits and says loud things. The lady doesn't feed me
good things like I had with my mother. She just throws dry food on the
ground, then goes away before I can come too close for touching and petting.
Sometimes my food smells bad but I eat it anyway..
Today I had ten puppies. They are so wonderful and warm. Am I famous now? I wish I could play with them, but they are so tiny. I am so young and playful that it is hard to lay here in this hole under the house nursing my puppies. They are crying now. I am so hungry. I scratch and worry at my fur. I wish someone would throw me some food. I am also very thirsty.
Now I have eight puppies. They got cold in the night and I could not make
them warm again. They are gone. We are all very weak. Maybe if I take them
all out on the porch, we could get some food?
Today they took us away. Someone grabbed my puppies. They cried and
whimpered. We were put into a truck with boxes in it. Are my babies famous
now? I hope so because I miss them. They are gone, and this new place smells
of urine, fear and sickness. Why am I here? I was beautiful and proud like
my ancestors. Now I am hungry, dirty, in pain and unwanted. Maybe the worst is unwanted. No one came although I tried to be good.
Today someone came. They put a rope on me and led me to a room that was veryclean and had a shiny table. They put me on the table and someone held me and hugged me. It felt so good!! Then I felt tired and laid down in the arms of someone who cared.
I AM FAMOUS NOW. TODAY SOMEONE CARED.
Thank you for caring!
June 27th 2006 7:34 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]
Shelby is my first boy and although he was supposed to be a favored child for mom, he chose his dad to be his favored parent. But mom still loves him to death anyway!! He loves to be in the same room with his family even though sometimes squirreled away in a corner to appear to be on his own. He is quite devoted to his family although now as an old man he tends to sleep more than interact. He stands true and loyal to those he loves and accepts those accepted by his family. He finds he is part cat (in his younger years when he had the energy to jump up and lay on the back of the couch!!) but his heart 100% doggedly devoted to his mom and dad. We love him, tough old man (with the real soft heart!). I will miss my boy when he joins his dane sister, Chyanne, at the bridge.
This is a special Tail of Devotion
See All Tails of Devotion
February 24th 2006 2:30 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]
I am not a computer dog so you probably won't see too many entries from me. These new fangled items that these youngsters have now a days are too complicated. I need all the sleep I can get as "the old man" of the bunch. So don't tend on wasting a lot of time on this thing. But I had to get on here and to say that I am glad my dad is back. He had disappeared the day after christmas and just got back real early Tuesday (it was still dark out with the sun coming up in a few hours). Boy is it good to have him back. I have been hanging out with him and lapping up the attention. I just had to put it out there that us old guys can get on the computer, just have better things to do like keep the young'uns in line and warming up the floor while catching some z's (otherwise called multi-tasking). See some floor that needs some attention (I prefer it over any of the millions of beds we got around here ... mom just doesn't get it!!) so I will catch up with you dogster kids later!
Bow Wow ... grumble grumble