Eddie, CTE

Rat Terrier
Picture of Eddie, CTE, a male Rat Terrier

Photo Comments

Home:St. Louis, MO  [I have a diary!]  
Age: 13 Years   Sex: Male   Weight: 11-25 lbs

My Videos [See My Video Book]

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

   Leave a bone for Eddie, CTE

Eddie Spaghetti, El Puppy Dog-o, Sweet Pea, Nutty Puppy, Spotted Moose, Crooked Butt, Wonder Dog, Sniffy McSnifferson

Doggie Dynamics:
not playfulvery playful

Sun Sign:
Quick Bio:
-purebred-three legger-disabled
-dog rescue

March 17th 2003

I live to go for walks- I LOVE to run! I adore attention, chasing SQUIRRELS, play time w/ my toys, snuggling on the couch, belly rubs, laying in the sun, and really soft things. I have to sniff Mom REALLY good when she comes home from her job at the vet!

The SHORT leash is totally a bummer! Where's the fun in that? I don't like people scooting my bed across the floor when I'm on it. I don't like rainy days-the lightning scares me and I don't like getting wet!

Favorite Toy:
Right now it's the WEENIE ROAST! The pink cell phone is a close 2nd. I suck on my favorite toys untill they're really soggy. Then I lick the large amounts of drool off until it's clean. It's fun to drag my soggy toys across people's legs when they visit.

Favorite Food:
They feed me Purina One Beef and Rice- It's pretty tasty! I reeeeally love peas, corn, yogurt, peanut butter, chicken, hot dogs, and Sadie's homemade biscuits! I don't like carrots or lettuce though...eew

Favorite Walk:
I LOVE it when we use my 26ft retractable leash! I zoom down the sidewalk and into front yards-and if it's nice out Mom and I run really fast in Frances Park.

Best Tricks:
I can howl, smile, stand, jump, lay down, stay. I'm learning "turn around" and "dance". "Sit" is more like hover my bottom near the ground but that's as good as it gets- I just don't bend that way!

Arrival Story:
Abused, abandoned, skinny, and cold, I had been running loose for weeks in January (2006). One day I was hit by a car. The driver just drove away leaving me bleeding on the side of the road. That day changed my life forever. This nice lady (my Aunt Emily) came and scooped me up in her warm jacket. I was terrified! She took me to the animal hospital where she and my mom-to-be work as vet techs. After the doctor looked at me he told me that my pelvis was broken and my left front foot didn't work anymore because of nerve damage. He also said that my right rear leg was badly broken a while ago and nobody fixed it for me. They think that I was kicked by my last owner but I'm not telling. I had surgery for my broken leg and they made me stay in a big hospital crate so my pelvis could heal a bit. I lived there for 10 weeks. The nice girls changed me and cared for me. (Even though it hurt like %?@#!) I wasn't so scared of them anymore. To make a long story a little shorter, my mom-to-be brought her fiancee (now husband) to work so he could see me. I didn't look at him- I was soooo afraid... but I didn't take my eyes off of my friend. I knew her and tried to follow her around hopping on only 2 legs across the slippery tile floor. Her boyfriend noticed this. They left and came back for me the very next morning with a brand new collar and name tag! I was going home. It was St. Patrick's Day. It's been looong and slow healing but that didn't stop me from running like a wild man (much to my mom and dad's dismay). I don't hurt myself too often anymore ;) They took me back to the hospital every 8 weeks for x-rays. I HATED it and hoped that they don't forget to come back for me. (Every time a certain guy tech picks me up I wiz all the way down the hall as he carries me- I know they're gonna do something bad to me when he comes!) During a visit I also had my teeth cleaned, only for my humans to discover that I'm missing 5 major chewing teeth! They got knocked out when I got hit. I could have told them that. (Why do you think I chew so funny??) My broken leg has finally healed and I had surgery on October 9th, 2006 (see my diary for updates). I practiced my sad face for extra treats. I'm even using my bad front foot half of the time!! I've gone from a very skinny 12 lbs to a healthy 19!! ***2007 UPDATE***It took an entire year for my pelvis to heal and I didn't have a care in the world until the neighbor's boxer mistook me for lunchmeat and viciously attacked me in July! (see diary) The flesh wounds have healed all except a hairless dent in my side. The emotional trauma has unfortunately had lasting effects :( I'm VERY apprehensive about new dogs and might not be friendly- so no more dog park for me until further notice. ***2009 UPDATE*** After 3 good years of flingin' and floppin' my skinny ol' front leg it was time for the leg to go. I had amputation surgery on Feb 19th. I've been getting around FABUSLOUSLY since I was awake enough to stand after surgery! The first day home I jumped in and outta the car, hopped up/down stairs, and on/off the couch!!! Once my shoulder boo boo heals I'll be flying around faster than ever before. Nothing can stop me now!

I'm a silly, really crazy guy. I like to sleep and lounge around in my fluffy beds. Now that I have a little sister there's never a dull moment BOL! Right in the middle of the action or underfoot is where you'll be most likely to find me- I don't want to miss ANYTHING. If I happen to be asleep and Penny pounces on me (happens all the time) ya better look out! I'm not messing around. Every morning and before dinner I dance and moan relentlessly untill my people walk me. Can we please not bring Penny? After dinner we watch TV on the couch. I smile, bite Dad's nose and give kisses hoping for belly rubs. We howl together. AROOOO! When the urge strikes I launch myself off of the couch to chase the beloved octopus! I sneeze a LOT when I get excited. I've learned to jump. I don't always land perfectly but that doesn't slow me down! I'm fat and happy, home at last.

Forums Motto:
Eddie Spaghetti

The Last Forum I Posted In:
Irish Pawty!

Words I IKnow:
Ready?, Let's go,Wait, Lay down, Up on the Couch, Stay, Wanna go for a Ride?, Are you hungry?, Wanna go for a Walk?, Eddie- Come, Go get it, Where's your 'puss/moo-moo/rope/sock/kong/hippo?,Will you come out?, Do you have to potty?, What?, No!, Very Good!, Ok, Kennel, Sweater, upstairs, downstairs, outside, inside

My Diary:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


1st Adoption Annifursary 3/17/07:


I've Been On Dogster Since:
October 2nd 2006 More than 10 years!

I Was In The:
Dogster's 2006 Holiday Picture Party!

Rosette, Star and Special Gift History

Dogster Id:

Meet my family
Penny- MMRGLouie

Meet my Pup Pals
See all my Pup Pals
See all my Pup Pals

Just Hopping Along. . .

1 Month and 1 Day After Surgery!

March 20th 2009 2:05 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

It's been 1 month since my surgery and I'm healing up great! Mom noticed a week ago that the middle of my boo boo was red and thought I'd been licking or scratching behind her back :-$ I was :-$ She asked the docs and they said the new skin was probably itchy and my hair growing back wasn't helping so they told her to use coca butter on me! Tee hee!!!! I loooove her buttering me all up, and it tastes even better than it smells! Well the redness went away except for one pea-sized spot and it got purple yesterday. Mama brought me to work and the vet said I look GREAT, better than he'd hoped for so soon. The bump is a reaction to a suture knot under the skin and apparently it's ok... well today my bump popped! bol it doesn't hurt but it's leaking a little and I wonder if it's done festering or if it'll heal and pop again like Penny's suture bump did?
We'll have to wait and see. :)



February 20th 2009 2:26 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]


Omd I have never been so scared to come to work in the morning! I was soooo afraid he hadn't made it through it night since I'd left him there. I was kicking myself for it on the drive over. I opened to door to his room and it was dead silent. I turned on the light bracing for the worst possible and there was Eddie SMILING at me, little tail wagging! I think that was the closest I'd ever come to tears of joy. He wasn't up and around really still so I let him lay on his blankie and got him his usual breakfast. He decided to pout and didn't eat it so I got some yummy canned Hill's Canine CD. All I did was walk in the room with the open can and omd he popped up on his feet dancing around and sniffy sniffy sniffy! I set it on the ground and let him out, he cautiously came out and licked the food quite ravenously. That got him eating and then I was able to give him his pain meds. He whined all day and it bothered me thinking he was super painful but he had to poop! I leashed him up and he tore outta that hospital like he hadn't gone #2 in a week. no pottie problems here I let him hop around during lunch hour and WOW I didn't think he'd have to adapt much but he looks like he's always not had that leg! hopping around, sitting, rolling over for belly rubs, and he started JUMPING for table scraps. (my lord, slow down dog!) He jumped in and out of the car and does steps really well too. Right now he's fast asleep in his bed with towels keeping him warm. He's really tuckered out. Phew the amount of relief I'm feeling is incredible. My baby boy is home safe and sound with his little sister there to protect him and shoo away the kitty. ;o)


Surgery Status Update from Mom!

February 19th 2009 1:08 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

The surgery was an overall success! The doctor operating said every muscle in Eddie's leg had turned to fat and was completely useless. Also, the damaged nerve had not lost feeling, but instead was over sensitive! Eddie's not a wimp, his leg really hurt! My poor boy. He's doing pretty well right now... but earlier he didn't breathe on his own at ALL during the surgery (for 45min!) and his color was crap so we had to breathe manually for him. That about gave me a heart attack. He didn't look good at all and I wanted to cry, thinking I was going to loose him on the table. As soon as we took him off of the isoflourine gas he started coming back around and breathing very well again. (YES!!!!) He's hopped up on pain meds so waking up will be slower than usual. The procedure was finished at 9:20 and Eddie was just becoming aware of his surroundings when I left around 1:30. I talked to him and petted his head and told him he was a very good brave boy and he gave me a little tail wag with his eyes barely open! That was the best thing ever after the rocky surgery. It makes me sad he's hurthing right now but it's smooth sailing for him from here. He'll either come home with me tonight at 7pm or tomorrow morning after my shift at 1-ish. I will breathe a sigh of relief when he's home and out of the woods all together. What a day, what a day.

See all diary entries for Eddie, CTE