Italian Greyhound
Picture of Tippytoes, a female Italian Greyhound

Photo Comments

Home:East Stroudsburg, The Poconos,, PA  [I have a diary!]  
Age: 13 Years   Sex: Female   Weight: 1-10 lbs

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments (2)

   Leave a bone for Tippytoes

Tippy, Sugar Cookie, Angel Bootie, Angel Food Cake, Itty Bit, Peanut, Lil' Shug, Tippitina, Pippin, Pip N' Pop, zouzou, the muppet

Doggie Dynamics:
not playfulvery playful

Quick Bio:
-purebred-service dog -dog rescue

July 14th 2002

Being a therapy dog and visiting sick and elderly people and making them smile, Getting lots of love and attention, sleeping under the covers with us.

Having a liver shunt and having to recently go thru that nasty, long surgery and recovery to fix it :( and also, being left alone for too long, being cold, when I can't see where my mom is.

Favorite Toy:
mom's fingers, Velocity and Bailey. New best friend in the world and playmate is Rusty!

Favorite Food:
cookies, cheese, anything sweet

Favorite Walk:
anywhere mom walks

Best Tricks:
being so cute you have to kiss her.

Arrival Story:
Tippytoes was my first foster italian greyhound for the IGCA (italian greyhound club of America). She came into our home (and hearts) on January 23rd, 2004. We adopted her officially in April of '04. Since then, she has inspired me to start my own art/design/photography company focused on dog-art (I do commissions in oil) and I am donating part of all my profits to i.g. and puppymill rescues. Tippytoes is now part of my family, and is my forever muse. :) Tippy has her OWN line of merchandise, and part of all the profits go to I.G. rescue. Her store is http:www.cafepress.com/chienmechan t

As of April 2oo5, Tippytoes is a registered therapy dog with TDI (Therapy Dogs International)!!!! She also got her CGC, and all this less than TWO months after her liver shunt surgery! I'm SO proud of my girl, give her a round of applause! We found out January 31st, 2005 that Tippy had a liver shunt. She had almost five hours of difficult surgery to correct it on Feb. 16th. Tip just got her staples out on Sat. March 5th and is now on the road to recovery! -details in Tippytoes Diary entries! Tippy spent the first year of her life locked in a crate in a backyard breeders barn. She was a runt, and the breeder just figured she wasn't worth taking care of or focusing any attention on. Luckily, Edie came along- she worked at a vet office and she went to "spring" Tippy and take care of her and nurse her back to health. In January of this year, Edie made the heartbreaking decision to give Tip to rescue because she got a job where she had to work too many hours to leave Tip alone. Considering what Tippy had been thru in the past, altho it was a difficult decision for Edie to make, it was the right decision and she still calls and visits Tippy. She will always be part of Tip's life and will always be welcome to come visit! Like I said in her arrival story, when Tippy came into my life, she opened a whole new world for me...and she inspired me to combine my love of dogs and art through my paintings. Tippy is helping me to help others- She has one of the happiest endings any rescued dog could wish for.

Forums Motto:
cane grande, ente piccolo!!!

The Groups I'm In:
!-!-!-!Cutest Dogs of the USA!-!-!-!, ♥~Husky ♥ers 4~Ever~♥, Detroit Dogs, IGGLETS ROCK!, Material Girls, Michigan Dog Rescues, The Inevitable Einsteins, ^^michigan dogs^^^

The Last Forum I Posted In:
Mutts and Moms vs. Ellen Degeneres

I've Been On Dogster Since:
February 4th 2004 More than 12 years!

Rosette, Star and Special Gift History

Dogster Id:

Meet my family
Velocity ColeBailey ColeRipley ColeBrevig Cole
' From My
Cicero Hudson
Aurora DiorBo Peep
(formerly Mya)

Meet my Pup Pals
See all my Pup Pals
See all my Pup Pals

It ain't easy being a Little Diva

I feel great!!! And I'm a Therapy Dog now too! (and have my- CGC!)

June 25th 2005 11:25 am
[ Leave A Comment ]

Wow, ever since I had that liver shunt surgery I feel like a new iggy! My liver function is totally normal, I've grown tons of hair and I eat like a piggie.
Oh, well, I did promise to tell you more about my surgery, so I shouldn't get ahead of myself, huh?
Ok, well it was terrible. It was long and very very painful. I was in surgery for hours, they couldn't FIND my shunt (it was all the way down in my colo-rectal region...hello? It's NOT supposed to be there! that's one of the most uncommon places for it to be. Well, I am exceptional, so I guess that's maybe why). To top that all off, I had about TWENTY FOUR surgical staples to close me up. Boy were THOSE uncomfortable. See that second to last pic of me with all the stuff around my neck and leg? That pic was taken the day after my surgery while I was at the hospital still. I don't look very happy do I? Well, I wasn't. They had just taken me off a morphine drip and I was really starting to feel that thing the humans call "pain" and I moaned the whole time my mom and dad were visiting. I know it kind of made them sad, but I coudln't help it. You try having yourself cut open from front to back and see how you feel. I bet not good!
My mom took such great care of me though. She made our front room into what she called "the recovery suite" and she slept on the floor on a futon mattress, she hand fed me and cleaned me up everyday because I really had trouble with potties. I kept wetting the bed a LOT...so mom had to basically cover the whole place with potty pads. I feel bad about that, but I was so sore I couldn't really feel anything to control holding it til' I got to my potty area. Sorry mom!
Anyway, I was in ICU for FOUR days (yes, away from mom and dad. I hated that, and so did they!) before they let me come home. Mom said it was ok because she knew I was in better hands there in case anything went wrong. I don't know what she was worried about...I was fine!
So Mom and dad came to visit me twice a day everyday while I was in the hospital. I hated that they had to keep going home without me. But on Saturday, Feb. 19th, I got to go home finally. I recovered at home for two weeks and then got my staples out. From then on it was smooth sailing! I love food now and have so much more energy and I'm not...what did mom call it..."lethargic". ;)
The really cool news is that in April mom had enough faith in us to take me to a class and then the test to become a therapy dog. I coasted thru the tests and did great. I had to make my mom proud after all she did for me with that whole surgery thing. Also I really was excited to become a therapy dog. I passed the CGC (Canine Good Citizen) and TDI (Therapy Dogs International) tests with flying colors and now I get to go visit elderly people and make them smile. Mom is really excited because this coming Wednesday, the same day as my sis Rusty's surgery (she's got a diary about hers too!) we're going to the Karmanos Cancer Institute in Detroit. Mom says there are some really sick people there who especially need some love and cheering up from a little girl like me. I'm so happy! I love making people smile and feel better. Especially since I KNOW how it feels to be sick all the time and have to be in a hospital.
I'll let you all know how my visits go, but I'm sure it'll be so fun. Mom said she always has to take kleenex because I make her all teary-eyed when she watches me making sick people happy. I think she's happy I found her so we could do this together. I'm happy too. But I always knew I'd find my mom...it just took a little time!


I am one tough Sugar Cookie, or... Liver Shunts: NO FUN!

March 9th 2005 3:59 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

Hi everybody! My mom and I haven't been on dogster too much lately because something icky happened. :(
Just when we thought life was great and it was smooth sailing, on January 31st I wasn't feeling so well. I kinda' accidentally threw up in my bed right after eating. I felt bad so I went to my mom and wanted to sit on her lap. Mom said I was a good girl and it was "ok" and she took my bed to the washing machine. When she sat down again, I was near her and figured she wasn't getting the picture, so I threw up right next to her foot. Well, THAT got her attention. After she wiped it up, I sat on her lap and felt really bad. I think I passed out and it scared mom to death. I also was really dizzy and when mom tried to make me stand up, I kind of fell over a little. Well, all I know after that was that mom was running around grabbing her keys and purse, and she even forgot her coat as we rushed out the door to what she called an "Emergency".
I got to see this nice vet, Dr. Coleman, who also has an iggie! Yay!
He was wonderful, but it kinda wasn't fun because I had to stay at the doctor's office ALL DAY without my mom and get all these not so fun tests. My mom came to get me that night and seemed pretty upset. She called my daddy, who is in NYC for work.
After all that, all I remember is going to lots of doctors and not liking all the poking with needles! Ouch!!! On top of that I got a huge bruise on my neck from my second "bile acid test" -whatever that is!
I was feeling pretty good though compared to how I felt on the 31st because Dr. Coleman had put me on some medicine. I hated how it tasted, but it did make me feel a little better.
I was just starting to feel a little better when my mom and dad dropped me off at the hospital and left me there! I had a feeling it couldn't be good...
more later! I have to tell you all about the surgery and all the cool presents I got too.

See all diary entries for Tippytoes