Baron III

Labrador Retriever/American Pit Bull Terrier
Picture of Baron III, a male Labrador Retriever/American Pit Bull Terrier

Photo Comments

Home:Ewing, NJ  [I have a diary!]  
Age: 14 Years   Sex: Male   Weight: 51-100 lbs

My Videos [See My Video Book]

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

   Leave a bone for Baron III

Little guy, Blackie, Devil dog, Baddie

Doggie Dynamics:
not playfulvery playful

Quick Bio:
-dog rescue

December 7th 2002

Pig ears, raw hide, sleeping in Dad's big chair, playing with his big sis, Holly

Having to go out when its raining

Favorite Toy:
The big read squeaky barbell

Favorite Food:
Anything Dad is eating, even after having had his own breakfast or dinner

Favorite Walk:
Along the canal so he can chase the geese and ducks

Arrival Story:
Baron II passed away last May and Dad was so sad that a friend of his sent him a picture of the Little guy who was a rescue dog at the time. His happy face and wagging tail helped fill the big hole in Dad's heart .

Baron III although a great dog, thinks he is a cat sometimes, too. He likes to leap up onto the rail of Dad's deck so he can see over the fence and bark at the other dogs who may be walking by on the other side.

Forums Motto:
Another pigear, please

I've Been On Dogster Since:
April 13th 2004 More than 12 years!

I Was In The:
2004-2005 Holiday
Picture Party

Rosette, Star and Special Gift History

Dogster Id:

Meet my family
HollyBaron IIShadowShaq

Meet my Pup Pals
See all my Pup Pals
See all my Pup Pals

My Diary


October 30th 2006 8:01 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

Well, its about time I started my own diary here on Dogster. I've been a member here for quite a while but never really took the time to write aobut myself. My sis, Holly who passed away over the summer was the historian for us both, but I guess the responsibility falls upon me, now that I'm Top Dog in our household.

Top Dog! I really like the sound of that. I never envisioned myself as one until Holly passed away, even though I was the man of the house. Holly was a tough gal, Dad would call her a tomboy all the time. And though she sure looked pretty whenever we came back from the groomers, before you know it she would be rolling around in the grass and dirt, looking like a regular yard dog again. You wouldn't want to get her mad at you, either. She was a real good fighter, just like one of the guys.

I first met Holly when Dad adopted me from Nancy, the animal rescue foster mom who raised me when I was just a wee pup. Boy life really changed for me when I arrived at Dad's house. I was a little scared at first, having lived with Nancy and a bunch of other rescue dogs who were waiting for homes. Finally, one night back in May 2003, Nancy took me for a ride to Dad's house to check things out.

Bow wow wow, what a nice place he had. I thought I died and went to doggy heaven. Dad has this great big yard, all fenced in with lots of trees, flowers and grass to run and roll in. He even had two fish ponds with real live fish in them. When it gets hot I take a dip to cool off. Dad gets a real kick out of that.

Half of Dad's yard is a wood deck. Its really cool, because I don't have to get my feet all muddy when its raining out. In fact, Holly and I spent lots of time together under the big deck next to the house. We hid all of our "treasure " under the deck, cause only the two of us were able to get under there.

I quickly adjusted to my new digs. Holly and I both had our own dog house, each next to the other under the big tree on the far side of the yard. My house even had my name BARON on it. Later, Holly let me know that Dad's last Lab, Baron had actually lived there. I found out that he had died a couple of weeks before I arrived. I often hear Dad talking about him and what a great dog he was. Dad has pictures of him all over the house. He even has a can with Baron's ashes on a shelf in the TV room with pictures and stuff. Boy he must of been some dog!

I soon found myself really having a good time playing with Holly and Dad when he was home. Soon after my arrival he started training me. At first I didn't like being on the leash but I soon got used to the routine and learned my lessons well. Now I can heel, sit stay, lay down, and come when called. I still have trouble catching biscuits, however, but I'm still trying.

Holly was a little bit bossy, she was a Springer, you know. They seem to have a kind of superiority complex. I'll tell you one thing, she was one smart gal. You had to get up real early in the morning to get something over on her. She also was quite the catcher. She could catch cookies in mid air. I'll bet she never missed! She also caught other things, including birds, mice and squirrels. She should have been named Holly Hunter!

Holly and I would go everywhere with Dad and Gigi. We both loved it when they would take us for a ride in the truck. We would cruise with our heads out the window catching all those glorious smells as we traveled down the highway. Often, Dad would take us over to see Grandmom and Grandpop. We really loved going over there, cause Grandmom always had treats for us. She is such a pushover. Heh heh.

On special holidays we would always get treats and toys. I'm not one for balls and things, but Holly sure loved to play with those toys and take the squeakers out of the balls. She also love to play tug of war with the rope toy. How boring that all seemed to me. Just give me another biscuit, please.

The years quickly flew by. I can't believe that Holly is gone now. I was really lonely after she left us, even though Dad gave me a lot more attention than I had been receiving before. I really missed having my sis to run and play with and found myself sleeping alot when Dad was not home.

Not long after however, Gigi brought home a cute little gal name Shaq. She was a black lab and terrier mix. She lived on the island nearby and a big flood had caused an evacuation to occur. Shaq's mom had to go live with somebody who didn't like dogs, - can you imagine that? So, Gigi brought Shaq home with her, to stay until she could go back to the island. I had a lot of fun with Shaq. She and I ran around the yard and I showed her the fishpond. I jumped in but she didn't follow. I still can't get her to take a dip with me, even to this day.

After about a week, Shaq had to go back with her Mom. I was really sad to see her leave, we had become good friends. I know Dad was a little sad, too. He had really taken a shine to the little gal.

I heard Dad and Gigi talking about getting another Springer. Dad even made a few phone calls, to see what was up. I was hoping he would find someone soon, because I was getting lonely, now with Shaq gone.

A few days later Gigi came home with -no not a Springer- but another black lab mix. This time it was Shadow and she was just like me - a lab/pitt mix. But unlike me she looked more Pitt than Lab. I heard Dad say to Gigi that sometimes he couldn't tell us apart without taking a second look. I guess we all look alike to them humans!

Shadow is really a high energy gal. She loves to run and play all the time, it seems. I still like my naps, now and then and then and then...while Shadow is always up to something. She loves to have you throw the stupid ball and then runs and brings it back, only to have it thrown again, over and over. I just don't see the point in it. Another biscuit, please!

Shadow and I soon became good friends. When I was not napping I would run with her to the front gate to bark at the other dogs walking by. I really like it when they and their masters cross over to the other side of the street when we jump on the gate and make it shake.

After another couple of weeks, I overheard Gigi telling Dad that Shaq might need a home, that her Mom was moving off of the island and couldn't take Shaq with her. Dad said "Well, I don't know if two females would get along with one another, but we'll give it a try". So on a Friday night Gigi brought Shaq back. How about that I'm a poet, too! Boy what a ruckus they made. I could see the spit flying as Dad held me and Shadow on our leashes and Gigi held onto Shaq.

Shadow and Shaq looked like they wanted to rip each other up. And Shadow outweighed Shaq by at least twenty pounds. But Shaq was no slouch. I never saw such a tough little gal, before. She was taking no guff from Shadow and the two of them kept it up for at least fifteen to twenty minutes. Finally Dad yelled real loud, and they became quiet and after that everyone got along just fine.

Now its the three of us, Shadow, Shaq and me. Life with two females is pretty sweet, that is until they decide otherwise. Both Shadow and Shaq are easy to get along with most of the time, but now and then they stir things up. But that's not really a problem for me - because I'm the Top Dog! ( I think?)

See all diary entries for Baron III