June 2nd 2009 6:07 am
[ View A Comments (4) ]
Well on Friday May 22nd, I had what I call a "day of freedom"! Mom left the front door wide open and I took it as an invitation to scout the neighborhood. The only problem with that is mom didn't realize I took off until almost an hour later. I had lots of fun exploring.
Mom says she was scared to death...she posted a quick message asking for prayers and then she took off looking for me. She drove around the neighborhood...and no luck. It was probably like 45 minutes when she came back to the house and there I was...with my nice neighbor waiting for mom to come home. I zonked after that BOL!
I do have to say that the outpouring of love here on dogster was really overwhelming. Mom never expected that and I neither did I. No one seemed too happy that I took off though. Well, what would they have done if they were in my paws? I'm sorry for worrying so many of you! I promised mom I would try not to do that again as long as she promised not to leave the front door wide open ;-)
April 19th 2009 3:04 pm
[ View A Comments (3) ]
Last year, I added a diary entry for the Adopt 08 contest...this year I want to do something a little different. Instead of telling you about my life and my story, I want to tell you about the lives that CAN be saved....
Every day, dogs from every state, every city, and every corner of life need homes. We are surrendered to shelters...what does that mean? "Surrender"...you give up on us? So many dogs are placed in shelters for so many reasons. The number one reason is overpopulation. I was one of the lucky ones...I say lucky now, but 3 years ago, I was saying "What did I do"? "Why am I not loved"?
I had 6 puppies and my owner surrendered me and my puppies to a shelter that euthanizes animals. I was lucky because Last Chance Rescue came along and saved us. Now I have a loving home with my mommies, sister beagle, and two kitty sisters.
The families on Dogster have something unique...they have a community...a support system like no other. It's through Dogster, that we can educate ourselves on how to help others understand "overbreeding" and about puppy mills. Believe it or not folks, MANY still don't understand about puppy mills. Since joining Dogster 3 years ago, mom tries to educate as many as she can.
Now here's where the true blessing comes...every dog can be saved. Please consider adopting. ADOPTION saves lives...every day and every hour and every second.
Every single dog in this contest has been SAVED...but just as important., everyone in this contest is a winner. Every family who adopted a pet is a winner....why? Unconditional love...that too my friends, is the greatest BLESSING of all.
To everyone in this contest....you are all WINNERS!
March 31st 2009 7:46 am
[ View A Comments ]
This isn't a tail of devotion...mom isn't exactly sure how to do one of those, but she says she isn't ready to do that. Something about it scares her a bit.
Anyhoo, mom was thinking about the upcoming adoption stroll and contest and thought, "I am so lucky to have Trudy". She says she is super lucky....I fit right in and I can tell how much my moms love me.
I'm also grateful for dogster and our friends here. You would be there in a heartbeat and for that, we love ya.
December 30th 2008 4:00 am
[ View A Comments ]
I don't usually do these when I get tagged, but our dear sweet friend Charlie tagged me so I'm gonna do it for him. edit: Bailey tagged me later BOL!
I'm supposed to say 7 things about myself:
1. I used to get car sick quite a bit but I have finally calmed down...now I love rides!
2. I have visted 4 states: Pennsylvania, New York, Virginia, and North Carolina
3. I don't like to have my beauty sleep interrupted by my sister Scooter.
4. My favorite food seems to be chicken.
5. I don't play a lot with toys...I just get in these moods where I love playing with ropes or balls...it lasts for a minute or two and I'm done.
6. I'm a very affectionate pup, but I prefer to sleep in my own bed.
7. I love playing in the snow!
December 4th 2008 4:55 am
[ View A Comments ]
On the TWELTH of Christmas my Beagley gave to Meee 12 more happy months of the same!
ELEVEN Slobbery Kisses
TEN Stinky farts
NINE empty Fudge Tins
EIGHT destuffed Stufffiiiieeees
SEVEN hours of rrrrooooo'in
Six TV remotes ...
FIVE piles of POOP! ,
Four holey gutchies,
Three missing pies...(burp!) ,
Two piles of paper ,
And A -chewed pack-age under THE TREEEEEEE
Contributions made by Snoop Dogs Beagleys
August 30th 2008 6:16 am
[ View A Comments ]
Wow! Golllllllly! Arrrrrooooooo! What a wonderful day for me! Thanks HQ for the honor. Our family has been through so much the last couple of weeks. Today we have smiles and that means a lot.
My dogster hubby Eddie Essig is Dog of the Week so to be able to share the spotlight with him in the same day is just super too!
I want to thank all my pals for all your kindness and congratulations. Friends are truly made here and we are grateful and blessed to have you! Thanks again HQ!
May 3rd 2008 5:22 pm
[ View A Comments ]
So many pups, so many desperately look for a new home. For that one human angel to come along to rescue them. To give them a home they deserve...a home full of love and affection.
Everyday, I know how lucky I have it. You see...once upon a time, I was one of those dogs. I was a mother with 6 puppies...left in a shelter to die. The angels at Last Chance Rescue came along and said..."this one...she deserves a second chance". Mom was told that they were going to adopt out my 6 babies, but not me...I was going to be left in a shelter.
Last Chance Rescue saw something...something special about me and truly gave me a second chance at life. Last Chance comes along and rescues hundreds of pups and kitties who are near the end. I was finally given that second chance and my babies and I were all put up for adoption.
I went first....one adoption fair, two adoption fairs, and then the 3rd one...the 3rd one I struck gold! My babies were put up for adoption for the first time and this was my 3rd one. I wasn't have much luck until lucky number 3! My babies were adopted so quickly, but there I sat, pressed against my kennel, looking up at the humans with my light brown beagley eyes.
I saw two angels...two angels that I know call my mamas. They walked in looking for one my babies...just like all the other humans had. They were looking for a boy puppy beagley mix. But, 0ne of the angels looked at me and said, "look, it's the mother! Isn't she beautiful?!". They weren't planning on adopting an older pup, but there I stood...pressed against my cage. The nice lady from the rescue organization saw the two angels staring at my kennel and told them it was my third adoption fair. They told her they were here to adopt one of my puppies. There was one left. My two angels looked at each other and and looked at me and said, "she's the one who needs us the most...her babies will get adopted".
I realized at that moment, there was hope. These two angels may take me home! The nice rescue lady took me and out of kennel and I came up and met the two angel ladies. I did my wiggle dance and waited for them to pet me. That's all it took!
I was going home! I was going to my FUREVER HOME! These two angels are my mamas. They take care of me everyday and most of all, give me love, affection, and attention. Mom says I'm a pleaser....I say it's because I am grateful...grateful to have a home....lucky, because I know I have that FUREVER HOME!
So, what does adoption mean to me? A second chance...a chance that every pup deserves when they are discarded or abandoned for one reason or another. Adoption means LIFE.
Dear God....thank you...thank you for sending those two angels to come and get me. Every day I wiggle...I dance....I wag....thank you for giving me the best home! I also pray for every pup waiting to be adopted.
April 8th 2008 5:19 am
[ View A Comments ]
Here are my anwers to this fun game of Tag!! After reading my answers, please do the same and then tag four more friends....and so on...and so on!!
Name 4 jobs that you have:
1. Finding ways to snuggle under moms arm
2. Shake my butt
3. Barking at all the dogs who walk in front of my house
4. Being a good friend to all my pals here on dogster and catster :-)
Name 4 places where you have lived (or stayed at):
1. Severn, MD--my current home
2. Grandma and grandpas in Frederick, VA
Name 4 places that you have been: (Vacations?)
1. mamas best friends house in Charlotte, NC
2.. Grandma and grandpas
Name 4 places you'd rather be:
1. walking on park trails
2. at the dog park
3. next to mama
4. visiting the pet store
Okay, I'm tagging the following friends:
I was tagged by my snoop brother Buddy!
January 1st 2008 6:52 pm
[ View A Comments ]
Well, today is the first day of 2008. First, I want to say how blessed I have been. Earlier in 2007, I had a little scare with a lump that showed up suddenly. After the biopsy came up clean, I was in the clear. That was a pretty scary time.
This past year has been filled with so many memories. We lost friends here on dogster and catster. Some that really hit us hard...as though they were our own. I know these friends now watch us from the bridge. These losses just remind us again of how much our friends here mean to us.
I also had wonderful memories. Earlier in the year, I began dating one of the kindest pups I know...Eddie Essig. Eddie will always be there for us. His family has one of the biggest hearts in the world. Anyone that really knows his family, really knows how much he cares about his snoop dogg family and his friends here on dogster. He also makes me laugh which is one of the things I just adore about him BOL! Eddie asked me to marry him and we got married on November 17th!
I was also blessed by being elected Queen of my Snoop Dogg beagley group. Let me say...what an honor! I have tried really hard to stay true to my promises and I think I have done that.
I want to do a couple of shout-outs...first, to my Snoop Doggs. My family here on dogster. I know without a doubt if I were to ever need anything, you guys would be there. The support from this group is so tremendous. This group means the world to me.
I also want to mention the B&A pups. We became friends this past year and I have been really touched by the love and support you give each other and give to us. You are like another family to Scooter and I. You welcomed us both with open paws. I love you guys!
The Welcome Waggin group...this group really has meant a lot to me. I was asked to participate and become a part of admin. What an honor! I was also asked to help match dogster mentors with new pups who joined. I have really had a lot of fun with that. I have met new friends here. I was a mentor to a few pups but the one I have stayed in touch with is Molly. What a sweetheart! That relationship has meant a lot to me.
Well, I think that's it for now. Thank you to everyone for being so wonderful to Scooter and I. We love you all!
October 20th 2007 1:46 pm
[ View A Comments ]
Hiya pals...I've been tagged by one of my bestest pals Boddah Cobain (Coby) and I have to choose 10 lucky pups to be tagged next. First, let me thank my snoop pals who were in a chatroom with me. I chose some of them just for being there. They are pals and I have some great things to say about them!
Rules are this:
I have to pick and list 10 fellow members and say a nice thing about them and about the pup who tagged me. I then send pmail or rosettes to the 10 pups I picked.
1. Buddy (beagle/corgi)-Buddy, we have become good pals in the last few months and I'm so glad to know you. You truly are one of the sweetest pups I know. Oh and our mamas like the same music growing up!
2. Shadow-another pal I have really gotten to know in the last few months. I am so glad to have you in snoops. You are a lot of fun and your family is wonderful!
3. Dolly-Dolly, what would snoops be like without you? You are there for every snoop and I feel like you and I are a lot alike with Toby as your brother and Scooter as my sister. We gotta stick together ;-)
4. Mike-Mike, you are probably surprised that I chose you. I know we haven't always seen eye to eye on things. I know without a doubt, you are a snoop any of us can count on in times of trouble. I want you to know that your words and support during the time I had a cyst really meant a lot. Thanks for being there!
5. KJ-what would I do without you KJ?! You and your family have been a great source of support to me and my family here on dogster. I consider you a close friend and I adore you!
6. Cedar-Cedar, you are one of my oldest and dearest friends in snoops. I am so glad we have gotten to be good friends. It is truly an honor to be alongside you as queen of snoops. I know you will always be there for me and Scooter....and I hope you know the same holds true for us.
7. Andy, Yukon, and Tank-I decided to put you boys together. I can't tell you how wonderful it is to have you in snoops. I am so glad we found each other! You are the first pups on dogster and snoops that we have ever met and I couldn't asked for a greater family. You guys are wonderful!
8. Jill-I'm not sure if Scooter has tagged you before not? Jill, you need to know how much your family means to us. You are one of the most wonderful, kindest friends we have. Please know that we are blessed to know you. We love ya Jill!
9. Soda-I decided to tag you because I know how much you want to be in Snoops. You do have a heart of snoop...I guess we are rubbing off on you downtown....hehehehehe. I know you and Scooter and really good friends. You are one of our oldest and dearest friends on dogster and we are honored to know you!
10. Bailey Star-Bailey Star, you are someone that I am getting to know more and more since you joined snoops. I see such a wonderful pup with a big heart. I am so glad we have become friends. We are glad we have you!