Lucky (In Loving Memory)

Shih Tzu
Picture of Lucky (In Loving Memory), a male Shih Tzu

Photo Comments

Age: 15 Years   Sex: Male   Weight: 11-25 lbs

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

   Leave a bone for Lucky (In Loving Memory)


Doggie Dynamics:
not playfulvery playful

Quick Bio:

August 3rd 2000


Favorite Toy:
Stuffed toys

Favorite Food:
He loved his treats!

Favorite Walk:

Arrival Story:
Lucky was my first dog. I got him in the 3rd week of October. On a Monday we went to go see the pups and the lady brought out two, and boy and a girl. What was cool is this lady lives right by my Grandma's house so we kind of knew them. After thinking I said I wanted the boy because girls can be like stuck up, remember I was only 8 years old. My mom said that we couldn't get him till next week thrusday because we have to get realy for him. I was so excited I couldn't sit still! Friday came, six days to go. My dad came home from some stuff he had to do out of town. He had went to my Grandma's house to pick up my Birthday gifts, my birthday was October 7th. My brother, Curt also got something to open too. We were opening our gifts when I dad walks into the room. I look up and start poking Curt saying, "Curt, Curt, look!" He just kind of ignored me then looked up and we both smiled! We got our puppy 6 days early!

When we got our new dog we had one problem though, we could decide on a name! I wanted Lucky my brother wanted Patches. Finally we settled with Lucky. We let him out but me and my brother went out with him. He had on one of those retractable leashes on. I had it all the way out and locked and then I unlocked it by mistake and now I never lock it if it's really loose. My brother and I had another problem at first. We would fight over who would pick up his duty! Now I think back to that and think how goofy we were! I laugh everytime I think of that. We started training Lucky how to come and sit and stay!! I remember we would sit on the floor and Curt would hold Lucky or I would and then I would say, "Lucky Stay." and walk then turn around and then say, "Lucky Come." and either I or Curt would let go! Lucky wasn't very smart. He never was potty trained. He actually would sit out side for two, three, somtimes four hours! He come it and pee on the floor right by the gate! That's how my dad gave him the nickname Mr. Peebody. It started getting cold out so my dad built a dog house that Lucky could go in to do his duty in when we let him out so he’s not so cold. Then he can right back in. It worked for the duty and he also loved to sit on top of it when it got warm and sun bathe. He also liked sitting on top of it in the winter, think it made him feel tall! Time went on and then summer started to come and we started looking for new house, a bigger house and soon found one and moved in the end of June. We had just come back from our cabin during Forth of July. Lucky loved it there! He had lots of fun! Playing in the woods on hikes and well I don't think he liked the water. He still had fun! On July 12th, 2001 around noon we let him out of the house, he's good about staying by us. He was just hanging out in the garage with us while we were sorting stuff for our rummage sale. We decided that we should bring him in and get him ready for Pet Day at Playgroud. Playground was a activity during the summer at school. We were planing on giving him a bath and making him beautiful! My mom was still sorting stuff and I stated calling him to go inside but then he thought it was the Catch-Me-If-You-Can Game and he ran down the drive way! My mom came out and started calling him. I raced after him but then stopped because I knew he would keep running! I started calling him and saying "Lucky! Do you want a treat?" My heart was thumping! Then my mom looked down the road, a car was coming! She could see it. Then Lucky ran in to the street.... He didn't get hit by the wheel, he hit the bottom of the car. I saw it happen and I still remember. I don't even remember what the car looked like! I only cared about my Lucky boy. My Mom ran out in the street and grabbed him. She thought he was still alive but then she thinks he was taking his last breath. She brought him up the drive way and we set him on a towel. We all cried. My mom called my dad at work at told him. Later that day when my dad came home we buried him next to a small tree in the back of our yard. I promised I would go out there everyday and see him and talk to him but I don't anymore but I think about him a lot. I couldn't believe this! Just hours ago I was running in the tall grass with him for the first time and he loved it! He was boucing up and down while we were going through it. He was so happy and I was going to bring him out everyday till the grass was gone. I remember I always love to touch his nose. When he got a pink spot on the point of his nose I thought I had touched it so much I rubbed the black off! Now I just think of that and laugh. Lucky had just 22 days till his 1st birthday. After that I cried even if I thought of him, even it i saw his toys, even typing this now is making me want to cry, I did cry. He was my first dog I ever had. He may have died but he still lives in my heart!

Forums Motto:

The Groups I'm In:
♥A TEAM♥, Puppy Paradise

I've Been On Dogster Since:
January 29th 2006 More than 10 years!

Rosette, Star and Special Gift History

Dogster Id:

Meet my family

Meet my Pup Pals