Sex: Male Weight: 1-10 lbs
|Home:Binghamton, NY ||[I have a diary!] |
Leave a bone for Pancho Lopez-In Memoriam
Dogster stats for Pancho Lopez-In Memoriam
6 times 244
Panchito, Champo, Panchones, Choners, the Champalope, Bunny, the freaky little troll
| ||Energy|| || |
| ||Intelligence|| || |
| ||Friendliness|| || |
| ||Playfulness|| || |
| ||Disposition|| || || |
April 20th 1999
Barking at neighbors and passerby (how DARE they live near us!!), running free and unfetterd as the Champalope was meant to do. Oh, and eating. All the time.
People with hats (grrr...), large dogs (lemme at 'em!! I can take 'em!!!) The nasty New York winters, and his arch nemesis; THE VACUUM CLEANER!!!!
bully sticks, catnip (really!), dirty undies (ugh!)
Innova EVO, tomatoes (!), broccoli (!!), anything mummy's cooking
Being a toteable hound (he LOVES his sherpa bag!)
Pancho took one look at me and, knowing a real sucker when he sees one, immediately turned on the charm. He was so tiny, wrinkly, and pudgy (only 6 weeks!) when I first brought him home from the rescue that my Mum thought he was a chihuahua! She promptly dubbed him Pancho Lopez, and for those of you who don't know, here's the story: In Argentina, where we're from, there used to be a cartoon of Davey Crockett, except he was called "Pancho Lopez," and instead of being "King of the wild frontier" he was "chiquito, pero maton" ... which means "little, but tough!" How perfect! Of course, had she known he was a min pin he might today be "Conan the barbarian," or perhaps "Kaiser Wilhelm," ...the world may never know...
Pancho is the master of all he surveys... from eight inches down.
i must break you
The Groups I'm In:
Deutsche Hunde Living Room, East Coast Min Pins, Foster Pups and Parents., IMPS Min Pins, Min Pin Manchester Mania, Min Pin Mommies!, Min Pins & Other Neurotic Pups, Min Pins Rock!!!, Miniature Pinscher, Miniature Pinschers, New York City Dogsters, New York City Small Dogs Playgroup, NYC Min Pins, President Isabel's Animal Abuse Commission, The Pound Puppy Project, Wee Little Dictators Unite For World Domination
The Last Forum I Posted In:
would someone be able to make angel wings for me?
What is a Champalope?:
A Champalope is an extremely exotic species, rarely photographed or seen in the wild, known best for its grumpy demeanor and stern, determined stance. The champalope does not thrive in captivity as it requires large excesses of space in which to roam free and wild, and large amounts of chew toys upon which to munch. the champalope is known for his hatred of colder climes and specific loathing of snow. when seen in the wild, the champalope can be noticed by his distinctive bunny hop!
I've Been On Dogster Since:
|November 10th 2005
||More than 7 years!
Rosette, Star and Special Gift History
See all my Pup Pals
See all my Pup Pals
March 10th 2009 3:45 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 1 person already has ]
there is so much to say about the hole that pancho has left in my life, but still days and weeks after his passing i can't find the strenghth to do it. he was my angel, my love, my rock, my companion, my teammate, and my best friend. i'm in tears right now, maybe i'll write more later. o dear god my panchito angel, how i miss you....
June 6th 2007 1:29 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]
i swear to god, if i hear "yo quiero taco bell" one more time, i'm gonna screeeem. i.am.not.a.friggin.chihuhuahua.
June 4th 2007 11:22 am
[ Leave A Comment ]
I'm playing a game of tag with my friends, and because i was tagged by a bunch of cheeky monkeys, i must write up 7 fun facts about myself that you may not know already! then i go tag some other people to come to my page and read them, and they have to do the same thing! so here goes...
1. I loooooooove running off leash, just love it. whenever i get the chance to go to a fenced in yard or dog park, i go nuts. in mummy's younger and more dumb days, she used to let me run off lead in the woods behind our house, till one day, after years of being obedient, i decided to take off and go visit my yorkie girlfriend! just came in the doggie door and helped myself to her food dish! good thing that family knew where i lived!!
2. in my internal monologue i speak with a strong spanish accent. not just any, mind you, but a thick mexican accent. oh, and i refer to myself in the 3rd person, as in "the pancho does not desire to swim."
3. i love to bark. bark bark bark all day long!!! i guard the house against passerby- that's my job!
4. i still have thick scars on my belly from where my poor puppymill mother, who was too young and stressed out to be bred, attacked me. i almost died. i can't blame her, though. to live your life in a cage and be used as a breeding machine is no life for any creature, let alone a dog. the good side of this story is that we were all rescued, and found good homes. i hope she's doing as well as i am today...
5.i'm a terrible food scavenger, and mummy has to be super careful, because i'm the houdini of the dog world when it comes to climbing and escaping things. i also almost died when i got pancreatitis from eating two slices of pizza that were on a high table that mum thought was far enough away to be safe. wrong! three days in the hospital later, i was ok to be sent home, and hypervigilance prevails.
6. speaking of being a houdini, on the second day in my new home, when i was a mere 6 weeks old, my parents decided to leave me alone for 2 hours to go to a movie. they put me in a crate so that i would be safe, and left with sad hearts. 2 hours later, they arrive home to a locked crate with no tiny puppy inside!! no puppy anywhere! all of a sudden there was a little yap from upstairs, and sure enough, little panchito was there- i had climbed the stairs looking for my parents, and i couldn't even CLIMB stairs! it took me 2 months to learn how to duplicate that feat!
7. my full name on my papers is francisco lopez, and pancho is my nickname. pancho is short for francisco, but in spanish it also means hot dog!
See all diary entries for Pancho Lopez-In Memoriam|