Golden Retriever
Picture of KayCee, a female Golden Retriever

Photo Comments

Home:Ingleside, TX  [I have a diary!]  
Sex: Female   Weight: 51-100 lbs

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

   Leave a bone for KayCee

Kase , Angel Face

Doggie Dynamics:
not playfulvery playful

Quick Bio:

August 19th 1999

Belly scratches, food, attention in general

hates the vacuum

Favorite Toy:
sticks, of all things

Favorite Walk:
around several blocks

Best Tricks:
getting attention any time she wants it.

Arrival Story:
We were actually onely to get a male puppy. But when we got to the breeder and I had picked out a male (Hunter), this little girl crawled up into myhusbands lap, licked his face and it was instante love and we doubled the check--less discount for taking two--and came home with two instead of one.

At age 1 1/2 KayCee had to have surgery on on right knee for luxating patella. Then at 2 1/2, she had to have surgery on the other knee for the same thing, only this one was more serious and required more procedures. Then to make matters worse, a couple of months later she had a severe reaction to her 2ed set of annual vax and we almost lost here. She has allergies and has to be treated from time. She is our "Million dollar baby". We often say God knew that she was in for a life of medical problesm, He knew we would take care of her and is why He had her climb up into Jerry's lap that day and us fall in love with her. ********************************** ************************ June 14, 2008 We lost our KayCee on May 25, 2008. On May the 23 she was found to have a tum0r in her lower abdomen. Surgery was done that day and she was not expected to live thru the night. Apparenetly the tumor had started on her appendix and then completely encircle the area where her large and small intestines joined The tumor was the size of both of my fists put together. My vet had never seen one in that area and it was a specially dangerous palce to be because of a "nest" of blood vessles there. The operation took a little over 1 1/2 hours. nday morning when the tech was in to give meds and tahe kennel girl to clean. When I went back late that afternoon KayCee was in such pain and I knew I had to let her go. The tech took her out of her IC cage and put on on the floor on a comforter and I got on the floor with her. I asked the tech to call my vet an ask him to come in early--he usually gets in about 7:30 for night checks. But my girl gave me a gift with her last breath I didn't have to sign papers to let her go--she went in my arms with me kissing her and telling her I loved her before my vet arrived. I had her cremated and she is buried under the sycamore tree in our back yard next to her littermate brother we lost alomost 5 yeas ago to adverse reaction to ProHeart6, nad Buck, our old golden we lost May 15, 2007. The bouganvilla bush branches spread over the graves and the graves are covered in the brith pink petals No more pain for her and she is with her beloved brother and friend.

Forums Motto:
KayCee ,Our Angel Face girl

The Groups I'm In:
Concerned Owners for Vaccination Education

The Last Forum I Posted In:
Coconut oil?

I've Been On Dogster Since:
October 10th 2005 More than 11 years!

Rosette, Star and Special Gift History

Dogster Id:

Meet my family

Meet my Pup Pals
See all my Pup Pals
See all my Pup Pals

I am an Angel

I am at the Bridge Now

June 14th 2008 1:13 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

Sadly I left my Mo and Dad on May 25, 2008. I got sick on May 23 and Mom took me right to ee my doctor. My blood work ws very good, but he found I had a largte mass in my lower abdomen and said he was going t opeated that night.

My mom came back to be there when the surgery was done and we got to spend a little time together before the surgery. She knew in her heart it wa bad and sh brought her camera and my doc put me on the exam table and Mom held me face to face and he took some ictues. Then just as the tech put the "sleepy" drg into the IV I turned and was licking Mom's face and then the drug hit me and I collapsed.

OU ton s s amlltw, but my dctor as a ve up t dae hopital wih h aest equpmen ndhe a o oeing fromhe surroingcunties for him to be theri doctgor. Once he even had a dog be brought 400 miles from Fort Worth to have golf balls removed from his tummy, silly lab

My tumor was in a very bad place and it was a log surgey. My doctor didn't think I would live thru the night, but I did. But I wouldn't eat. My doctor even had Mom bring some boiled chciken and rice to feed me, but I only ate a little and they had to force feed me. Mom came back that night and again Sunday morning, and then she came back Sunday afternoon she looked at m and she could tell how muh pain I was in, how sick I was and she told the tech she wanted my doctor to come and let me go to the bridge.

The tech did give me the pain med and I stopped huring so much and stopped my heavy panting, but Mom culd see in my eyes how bad I was. She cried and I wanted to stay with her But my body was in such bad condition. Iknew she didn't want to sign those papers for the vet to send my on my final sleep but she was going to do it for me. But I didn't want her to have to do that, so I let my life slip away as she held me, kissed me, told me she loved me.

My ashes are now buried next to my littermate brother, Hunter out under the ycamore tree and bouganville bush. I use to lay out there often and Mom knew I was there to visit my beloved brother. She took several ictures of me there over the couple of years after she palnted that bush for Hunter.

And on the othr side of me is the ashes of Buck, the old golden friend. Mom lost him just 1 year and 10 days before she lost me. WE are together and we all miss Mom andDad.


I have an enlarged heart chamber

August 20th 2007 2:02 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

Aug. 20, 2007 My Mom took me in for my geriatric physical a couple of months. I turned 8 years old yeterday and i don't think I am an old girl, but Mom worries and she spends all this money for a total blood work, physical, to make sure I am in as good a health as possible.

All those blood test--geezz, there was a lot of testing done on my blood--were prefect. Then Mom decided to have a chest e-ray done and it showed I have an enlarged heart chamber and my doctor told her I needed to have this very low dosaged blood pressure medicine every day and a baby apsrin every other day. My heart had always sounded so good and my doctor was a little surprised to find that enlarged heart.

And you know what, since I have been on those pills, my activity level is up. Mom htat thought it was about normal for an old lady, but apparently it was not quite up to snuff.



I was a bad girl

December 5th 2005 9:43 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

12-05-05 I was a bad girl. Mommy made herself a BLT sandwich and some chips and salsa to dip them in. She sat down in her recliner to watch a TV show while she ate her lunch. She was really hungry bcause she had not had breakfast. Well, she had not taken a single bite of her sandwich when the phone rang. She put her plate on the end table and went to answer the phone. Well, the temptation was to much and i ate her whole sandwich in the two minutes she was gone. I know better than to take food from people plates, but I could not help myself. When Mom came back i put on my pititful, I am so sorry face and she didn't stay mad at me.

See all diary entries for KayCee