July 15th 2008 7:26 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]
I have to tell everfur who will listen...several months ago, through Dogster, I met the fur of my dreams...Zoe Kennedy...sweet, beautiful, smart, loyal...I could go on and on. We shared the same values, beliefs, dreams, interests, everthing was perfect for us... Our families have talked and love each other...I know that Zoe is the only fur for me, and that Peanut is the best sister to my family I could ever dream of...
Last night, Zoe and I went to the Cape San Blas in Florida. Cape San Blas is a beautiful place with sugar sand beaches, palm trees, and a turquoise ocean. It is also the top dog-friendly beach in the country...but keep that a secret from the humans...we don't want it to get too populated.
I planned every detail...except her answer. I planned our dinner, and then had my friend put a pedestal full of her favorite pink flowers in a vase on it. Sunset would be the magical hour. We had dinner and walked on the beach...the air smelled salty, the breeze was warm, the sand was like powder beneath our paws...we were alone...the sky was orange and blue, we got to the pedestal and I lifted Zoe up and put her on the pedestal and the pink flowers fell around her...I asked her...Zoe...I love you....will you Marry me???? I held my breath!!!
SHE SAID YES!!!!
I am the happiest fur in the world!!!!
June 15th 2008 6:45 am
[ Leave A Comment ]
EMERGENCY HELP NEEDED FOR IOWA FLOOD PETS!!!
Hey Pals...My Pal Sully posted this on his page and I wanted to try and help get the word out as well, so I'm posting the same message on my page.
We all know about the horrendous flooding that's been happening in Iowa this past week and everyone feels AWFUL about it.
BUT, what about the pets that so many people had to leave behind???
OMIDOG...we MUST ALL try to help in any way we can. Here is the web site address for the Petsmart Emergency Relief page where you can find out what's being done already for these poor, helpless animal victims and, hopefully, either make a donation online or send a check. It doesn't matter how little you can send (we can't send much ourselves), but, every single dollar will go to help these poor little animals who have no voice to ask themselves. PLEASE, go to their site and do what you can (wouldn't we all want help if WE were in that kind of trouble)?
(Click on the June 13th Press release "PetSmart CharitiesTM Dispatches Emergency Relief Waggin’® to Help Pet Victims of Midwest Floods")
And let's all keep our paws crossed in prayer for all our furry friend in so much trouble!
May 18th 2008 12:01 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]
Hi Everyfur! This is my very first diary entry and all because I've been tagged
by my bestus pup-pal, Zoe!
Here we go.....
1) It is MY job to watch the front yard and let Mommy and Daddy know when something comes into the yard. One night I did that as a puppy when a man was walking in the yard and I ran in circles and barked and got Mommy and told her over and over again someone was in the yard. Mommy praised me for being a super-great watchdog, so now I let her know when I see anything...a squirrel, someone across the street and the very worse...the big, fat black cat that likes to sit in our bushes!
2) Every morning Daddy puts beans in the coffee maker and then the coffee maker makes this horrible, grinding sound. It's my job (along with big brother, Cutter) to bark loud enough so the coffee grinder will know we are furocious and will stop making noise!
3) It's my job to wake mommy up in the morning by crawling up on her chest and giving her kisses. At night, I watch and make sure nothing happens to her by crawling on top of her head and laying there on the pillows with my tummy on her head and my legs on each side. I wait until she is sleeping before I carefully move to another spot on the bed or on the cold floor.
4) My older brother and sister, Cutter and Sarah, and I sing with the sirens! If the big trucks with the sirens go down the street, it's our job to match the noise, throw back our heads and sing the same tune at the top of our lungs!
PLACES I HAVE LIVED:
1) In North Carolina when I was a teeny-tiny puppy (I've grown since then!!) with a furmommy and a bunch of brothers and sisters. Furdaddy has his ROM and litter sister has a fancy title, but I would rather protect mommy then be in a showring.
2) In Dallas, where I live now, with my Mommy, Daddy and Sarah and Cutter.
3) At Uncle Larry's when Mommy and Daddy go out of town, Sarah, Cutter and I visit Uncle Larry. He's a fur doctor and can take care of us if our tummy gets upset, and they play with me behind the counter while Uncle Larry visits other dogs and cats and birds that come to see him.
4) Every year, Mommy and Daddy take me (not Sarah and Cutter) to the beach where there is lots of sand and lots of bigs, noisy bird to run after. There are big waves and sometimes a fishy smell. I'm not too pleased about the fishy smell (I ran from a man who smelled like that!), but I love the long stretch of sand!
PLACES I'D RATHER BE:
1) playing shortstop with my Daddy! Daddy rolls the ball and I stop it just like a shortstop and then run around in a victory lap!
2) on my walks with Mommy around the neighborhood. I don't like that green leash she puts on me, but we live in the city and they make us have leashes, so I'm use to it.
3) in the kitchen by the counter where the Mother Hubbard Treats are! They are very tiny, all natural treats (we are not allowed to have hufood), and we get one if we come when called. Cutter, Sarah, and I play tricks on Mommy and we each go out separately and then everytime one of us comes in, we all get treats. We practice tagging with each other cuz that way we can get three times the treats!
4) sitting in my guard spot by the front picture window making sure no one comes in our yard that shouldn't be there!
THINGS I CAN'T STAND:
1. Baths...we go to Petco for our fancy baths and trims (little wash ups we can do at home).
2. Thunder is horrible...I bark until it stops!
3. Mommy's suitcase...whenever she pulls it out, I crawl over and put my head in her lap or over the side of the bed. I just hate it when she leaves.
4. Mommy leaving in the mornings. I stand at the back gate and beg and beg her to come back and play with me. I don't understand why she leaves me in the mornings, but I'm sooooo happy to see her when she comes home!!! I jump around and tell her to hold me and give her big kisses as soon as she walks through the door.
WHO AM I TAGGIN?:
Peanut - 751531
Lanie - 529922
Dakota - 95367
Lacey - 516616
Kisses to all,