Age: 9 Years Sex: Male Weight: 1-10 lbs
|Home:Springdale, AR ||[I have a diary!] |
"I'm too sexy..."
"This is how we roll..."
"Dad, are you ready yet? Let's go!!"
"Hi Mom! How about a kiss?"
"This is why I need 2 beds, Mom. Let Daisy sleep on the floor."
"Yes, that's me in there"
"Waiting for Daddy" [See My DogsterPlus Photo Book]
Leave a bone for Logan ♥
Dogster stats for Logan ♥
31 times 916
Bubba, Bubba Dog, Sugar Bear, Sir ____ a-Lot (Pees, Poops, Barks, Whines, Licks), Brat, Rotten, Grouch
March 31st 2004
Going for rides in "his" truck!!! Dingo Mini-Bones (chicken), Talk to Me Treats (minty bones), Socks (especially with feet in them), being chased, his "Horsey", his bed
DAISY!!! PEACHES!!! Other dogs, sirens, the vet, squirrels and birds in my yard, fireworks, the doorbell, noises he can't identify
"Horsey" was the first - he picked it out himself. He also has "Sock" which really applies to any socks he can get to, clean or dirty. When he thinks you're not looking, he'll grab one and run off with it very pleased with himself.
Real food: Canidae (canned and kibble) People food: Cheese, Vanilla Ice Cream, Honey, Popsicles, most of all Mashed Potatoes
Anywhere we can take him with us. He loves to ride in shopping carts.
"Stick 'em up" (point finger at him like a gun - he sits up and raises his paws) and "Which hand is it in?"
We wanted a chi because of their size and that they're better than most other dogs for people with allergies and asthma. We checked shelters and rescue sites as well as breeders in the paper but no luck. We met one rescue dog but he was so tramautized and finally beginning to attach to his foster mom (after more than a year) that we didn't think we'd be the best home for him, so we passed on him and kept looking.
We finally saw an ad in the paper for a 1 yr. old female for sale. When we called we were told she'd already been sold but a minute after hanging up, the woman called us back and told us that her mother was a breeder and had some 4 week old puppies she was getting ready to sell. We called her, met Logan and fell in love instantly. He was so tiny that he didn't even have control of his ears yet. He crawled up in my husband's hand, curled up and fell right to sleep. I knew the minute he was old enough, he'd be coming home with us. We had him named before we even got home and his breeder started teaching him his name right away. We visited him a couple more times over the next three weeks and finally convinced them to let us bring him home at just over 7 weeks. He's been the center of our universe ever since.
Logan had a rough first year. First there were ear mites, then his shots had to be done one at at time every two weeks due to his size. He was diagnosed with a collapsed trachea, got infected anal glands, was neutered but they only found one and had to do exploratory surgery then got that infected. He had a few rounds of upset stomach after eating grass, acorns, mulberries, old toast, etc. dropped by the squirrel and birds who live in our back yard. Then he got his booster shots and had a severe allergic reaction -his whole face swelled up and he almost stopped breathing. Then they found his other testicle had dropped and he had to be neutered again which was way more painful and also got a bit infected. Hopefully, we're finished with the vet for a while.
You say spoiled like it's a bad thing.
The Groups I'm In:
A Chihuahua Is L♥ve, DAWGS JUST WANNA HAVE FUN!, ~*Card Shower Gang*~, Arkansas Playmates, AYE Chihuahua!! :o), Big Chihuahuas, CHIHUAHUA HEART TO HEART, Say Chi's, VIVA CHIHUAHUAS!!!!
The Last Forum I Posted In:
Puffy eyes and face after vaccinations - HELP!
Named Big Chi of the Week 1/12/07!!
I've Been On Dogster Since:
|July 18th 2005
||More than 8 years!
Rosette, Star and Special Gift History
for 3049 days
See all my Pup Pals
See all my Pup Pals
November 10th 2008 5:35 pm
[ View A Comments ]
My friend Cleo tagged me. I have to say 7 things I am grateful for. Then send this to 7 friends.
1) That I've never spent a night without a home and family.
2) That I'll always have as much food as I need (and then some)! :)
3) That my parents have jobs and a decent nest egg...just in case.
4) That my parents are people who know that a dog is a lifetime commitment and that they'll keep that promise to me.
5) That my parents care enough to get me the best possible health care they can afford (and then some)! :)
6) That even though there are 4 other dogs here, my parents tell me I'm special because I was their first.
7) That no matter what, I will always be loved and cared for.
Since there are so many of us in my house, we're all going to go in together as a family and only nominate 7 pups instead of 7 pups each.
Here are my choices, in no particular order:
1) The Brat Pack
2) H & E A Pair-A-Dox
5) Levi, PAWS
6) The Kurowskis
May 23rd 2007 3:58 pm
[ View A Comments ]
I’ve been tagged by sweetheart,Jezzy ...the best gal a guy could have!! XOXO Jezzy!!
Here's the rules of the game!
Each player starts with seven random facts about themselves. Dogs who are tagged, need to post in their Diary the rules & their 7 pawsome facts. Then choose 7 dogs to tag and list their names. Don’t forget to bark them a pmail that they have been tagged and to read your Diary, or, send them a fun Rosette announcing they've been Tagged!
1. I tell Mom and Dad when it's bedtime by sitting at their feet and staring at them, then I make them walk me to my crate and close the door. I growl at them when they try to tuck me in, though.
2. I used to walk around whining whenever they would give me a bone. Mom thinks I was trying to find a place to bury it but just couldn't figure out how to dig under the carpet!
2. 3. Every time Daisy or Peaches poops, I have to go pee on it.
4. I know when Mom spells a word, that I'm not supposed to know what it is but I always figure it out. So far, I can recognize B-O-N-E, R-I-D-E and W-A-L-K. I ignore V-E-T.
5. I cry like a baby when the groomer trims my nails.
6. I'm the only dog I know who's been neutered twice.
7. I know that it's Sunday morning 'cause Mom and Dad both get up at the same time and I start dancing around because that means that Dad and I are gonna go get breakfast. The chicks at Hardee's drive-thru dig me!
Now I'm tagging:
1. Jezzy's brother Toby http://www.dogster.com/dogs/397134
2. Pepe http://www.dogster.com/dogs/67784
3. Twinkie http://www.dogster.com/dogs/461522
4. Joy http://www.dogster.com/dogs/366357
5. Mabelline http://www.dogster.com/dogs/527530
6. Violet http://www.dogster.com/dogs/537168
7. Angel Gabriel http://www.dogster.com/dogs/330800
November 30th 2006 1:49 pm
[ View A Comments ]
I swear, Mom and Dad have fallen off the deep end. I don't know what a dog has to do to get a little respect around here. If you look at my pictures, you'll see there's a dog there that looks NOTHING like me...because it's not me. Instead of MY picture being on MY page, there's one of a dog that Mom and Dad are looking to...*gulp*...adopt.
ADOPT?!? Are they out of their minds? Don't they love me at all? Didn't they learn with Daisy that I'd really rather be an only child? I mean, ok, I've gotten used to Daisy and kinda like having her around when she minds and stays out of my stuff, but she does still get on my nerves sometimes. And it doesn't mean that I want another one in the house. You'd think Dad would be on my side 'cause once this new one is here, it'll be 3 girls to the 2 of us guys. He's totally unaware that the balance of power is shifting to their side. How can he let this happen?
OK, so I know she was abused and abandoned and they feel sorry for her but why does that make her our problem? 'Cause Mom has a soft heart and a Petfinder addiction, that's why... The dog's name is Peaches and Mom read how someone had wired her jaw shut and left her in a water-filled ditch to die. She's been sick with kennel cough since then but is better now. She's been spayed this week and Mom says she's almost ready to come home with us. Can somebody help me figure out how to work these parental controls so I can block her from that site? Maybe I need to rig it up to an alarm so when she goes to Petfinder, it'll say "Step away from the computer and put down the Kleenex...you can't save them all." Hmmm...
Mom and Dad say we're going on a road trip next weekend (YAY!) but it's to meet this other dog. *pout* If they like her and she likes them and the three of us "kids" look like we can get along, then she's coming home with us for a few weeks to see how it works out. Daisy doesn't think they'll go through with it but that's what I thought when they came home with her and she's still here, darn it. Mom's really afraid that it'll be as bad as when we got Daisy but is hoping for better...maybe I'll cut her some slack this time. After all, I know I'm her favorite...
See all diary entries for Logan ♥|