Arrival Story: Willie Mae came from a breeder in Tennessee. A few years later we found out that there were 230 dogs confiscated from there. She lived her last days walking down to the beach and back with her siblings, Abigail and Brodie.
In 2011 Willie began to have seizures about once a month where she would roll over on her back, stretch out and freeze with a little cry. Abigail would go over and cover her with her body. Willie had her last seizure on December 12 2011 when a blood clot went to her spine. We were able to say our goodbyes and she is now at peace.
Yesterday when we were all at Miss Sandra's getting pretty, mom noticed a lady with two malteses off leash that had come in from outside. They had so much personality and were minding their mama so well. they were looking for new leashes and "talking" to her so mama learned that mom struck up a conversation with this pack.
It turns out these dogs are in Lady's Home Journal this month and have a website about their roadtrips. Their names are Lulu and Lolly and they raise $$ for rescue. They are 9.5 years young, just a little younger than me. Mom told them about Dogster.
Take a look at their website. Looks like they are white water rafting:
Pretty cool, huh?
Here's the article and a link to last year's calendar. You have to see these pics. They are so active! Parachuting, white water rafting, and motorcycling when they aren't fund raising! BOL! Cynthia said that the 2009 calendar is going to print right now. Click on the mini pics to flip through the calendar for 2007.
Each player needs to make a diary entry listing da rules & seven Thankful Thoughts! Choose 7 pups to tag & let them know, by pawmail or rosette, that they have been THANKSGIVING tagged and to read your diary for the instructions :)
Seven Things I’m Thankful For this Holiday Season~
1. I'm thankful for my friends and family and for HOME COOKIN'.
2. I'm thankful for my health and the teeth I have left.
3. Im thankful for the ottoman at the foot of the bed!
4. I'm thankful that I don't have to go to the groomers like Abigail does!
5. I'm thankful that I get the best spot on the bed next to Mommy!
6. I’m thankful that Moses is nice to me, and mommy sticks up for me when Abigail is trying to give me "the business."
7. I'm thankful for the fun times on Dogster and our STAFU family!