Picture of Lola, a female Weimaraner

Photo Comments

Home:Austin, TX  [I have a diary!]  
Sex: Female   Weight: 51-100 lbs

My Videos [See My Video Book]

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments (1)

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

   Leave a bone for Lola

Lady, Loles, Mamma, Ma-Cita, Leeda-Bee

Doggie Dynamics:
not playfulvery playful

Quick Bio:
-purebred-dog rescue

Gotcha Date:
June 4th 2005

Swimming, flopping/rolling around in the grass/mud/dirt/sand/[insert here], "herding" TK, being petted, and eating

When someone even wiggles a toe if she's trying to sleep on the bed- she will leave immediately; she is terrified of thunderstorms and the vacuum and HATES being left alone

Favorite Toy:
Any type of treat dispensing toy, and anything plush that she can disembowel

Favorite Food: the form of kleenex and paper towels :-(... along the edible line, Bully Sticks seem to be at the top

Favorite Walk:
Her favorite thing is to swim in Town Lake while we kayak- she can go for miles! She also loves to hike at Turkey Creek and socialize at Red Bud Isle

Best Tricks:
What a magical talent- she taught herself to open doors, but she somehow forgets how to do it when we are around

Arrival Story:
We had been looking at Weimaraners for a long time and waiting until we moved into a new place to add another 4 legged friend to our family. Lola was rescued by Weimaraner Rescue of North Texas and had been in foster care for a few months. She was one of about 10 on a "short" list we had been keeping up with. After speaking to several foster owners, we had to pick between Lola and another very deserving Weim. Lola was to be the first one we visited. We drove 3 1/2 hours just to spend 30 minutes getting to know her. After seeing her face to face and watching her interact with TK, we knew right away that she was the one we wanted.

Lola thinks she is queen bee, alpha dog, but when TK gets in her crate or on her bed she will lay on the floor and pout until we make him move. At that point she will immediately run and take the spot, as if to say "I told them to make you move". She's cresting over the top of the hill of life and is starting to grey around the mouth and on top of her head. Add the constant limp from her hip dysplasia and she can come across as pretty pathetic sometimes.

Forums Motto:
Never miss a meal

The Groups I'm In:
!WATER DOGS!, College Football Fans, AUSTIN TX PUPS!!!, Ban Stupid Legislation, Smile!, Stubs and Nubs-The Original!, Texas Adoptables & Adopted, Texas doggies, Texas Weims, Wacky Weimaraners!, Weimaraner Rescue of North Texas Dogs

The Last Forum I Posted In:
Separation anxiety

Favorite Breeds:
The custom-made TK ones, American Bulldogs, APBTs/ASTs, Great Danes, Mastiffs, and so on....

I've Been On Dogster Since:
June 5th 2005 More than 11 years!

I Was In The:
Dogster's 2006 Holiday Picture Party!

See me in Dogster's 2005 Holiday Picture Party!
Rosette, Star and Special Gift History

Dogster Id:

Meet my family

Meet my Pup Pals
See all my Pup Pals
See all my Pup Pals

My New Life

Just my luck

September 26th 2007 12:27 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

Sunday evening TK and I were at the park having a wonderful time with Mom. We met lots of new dogs and were running in and out of the woods looking for squirrels and birds. Unfortunately for me our timing was bad jumping out of the trees when we met up with the lab and his shepherd buddy. I think our sudden presence startled one of them because the next thing I know I'm screaming because someone took a quarter-sized chunk out of my side. Mom didn't see what happened, and truthfully I don't really know what went down because it happened so fast.

When we got home she tried to keep it clean and keep my dirty mouth away from it, but the next day I felt very run down and had a fever. Plus, that quarter-sized hole was now surrounded by a hot, swollen area about the width of a cantaloupe! The good thing about this was it meant I got to go see Dr. Van Trease.... the bad news? Because my infection got so bad so fast I had to go under anesthesia and get cut open! He had to wash out the infection and even put this long rubber drain through my side, then stitched up the hole with about 15 stitches. Plus he had the nerve to give mom one of those stupid cone-bonnet hats for me and said I had to wear it all the time. I'm thinking I may not be so nice to him the next time we go visit.

Anyway.... I felt pretty puny yesterday after my little surgery but today I'm pretty normal, except for the rubber tube impaling my side. I'm on special medicine and mom has to flush the drain with other medicine twice a day. She says the drain can come out on Saturday, but the stitches will have to stay for a couple of weeks. Of course everyone who hears about it just feels sooooo sorry for me, so it means I get all the extra attention I can handle.


Flying (and the vacation that accompanies it)

January 3rd 2007 11:55 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

Well, TK and I are back from our 2 week vacation back home to Texas. I didn't realize how homesick we were until I was back out at my auntie's house hunting for wildlife and mingling with her pack. I got to visit the best dog park ever- Red Bud Isle- for some swimming and retrieving. And the best part of it all was getting all the love and attention from the 20+ family members I encountered along the way. Mom and Dad really loved the trip, and they say it makes them really want to move back home. Hopefully dad will be through with his school soon so I can go back and play some more.

The absolute worst part of the whole trip- by far- was the means of transportation mom and dad chose to get us there. Where we live is apparently quite the distance from where we were going, so to maximize time they opted to fly us all across the country. I should have known it was going to be a big deal by the way they were trying to prepare us for months. I even got a brand new gigantic plastic den to lay in. It should have raised a red flag when mom and dad started crating me again, and I really should have asked questions when they started crating TK, too (that's totally unheard of). But, I definitely knew something was up the night they started putting bags in the car and taking our crates apart. I regressed back to my incredibly clingy, anxious self and refused to let them out of my sight until I knew what was going on. A couple of hours later, while we should have been sleeping mind you, we pulled up to this weird noisy place where mom and dad started giving their bags away to other people. Then, they took our crates out of the car and put them back together. I was glad to have mom put us back in there, but then she did the darnedest thing- she put us on a wheely-cart and rolled us into a room where this woman took us away. At this point I had had enough, and I made sure everyone around me knew about it. I don't think I stopped barking from the time they put me in that giant thingy outside until mom picked me up a few hours later. I think she was kind of embarrassed because my barking was echoing through the building and people were staring at me. All she had to do was take me out of the stupid crate and I was fine again. She should have known better than to try that nonsense, but wouldn't you know she did it again 2 weeks later. This time, I caught on more quickly and started telling her about it before she had the chance to drop me off with those weird people. Serves her right.

I guess I shouldn't really complain. In all honesty, nothing bad happened to me or TK, and we sure got to our desination faster which gave us both more time to play and relax with our buddies. I guess it was a good move for the situation, but I really hope mom thinks twice about pulling a stunt like that again.


Ok, totally not cool guys

November 2nd 2006 2:10 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

Somehow during Howloween night I managed to make a nice little puncture impression in my right elbow. Dad noticed it first and actually went searching for the missing piece of elbow on all our sharp objects- that twit. It wasn't bothering me; in fact I probably wouldn't have made any fuss about it until it healed if dad hadn't noticed it. Being the super-responsible parent he is, he took me inside and tried to clean it off with this bubbly stinky fluid. Then he put this goopy ointment in the hole.... I guess to make up for the missing skin? Anyway, I did what comes naturally to Miss Lola and decided to have a sample of this concoction he'd just applied to my body. He did not like that very much, and did the most uncool thing I've ever seen him do.

He went into the bedroom and grabbed this stupid stupid cone that TK had to wear a few weeks ago when he was so itchy. It made it so that he couldn't scratch his face and ears , and also that he wasn't able to turn around and lick himself. I was absolutely furious with dad for putting that stupid thing on me. I made sure he knew it, too- I was right up his butt everywhere he walked, and when he'd turn around and look at me my eyes were the size of quarters, wide open with disbelief. I even played up the drama a bit and was "unable" to climb up on the couch alone. When he helped me up there I just sat. How on earth did he expect me to actually be comfortable and able to lie down? Oh boy, I really went on with this until he finally had enough and took it off. Overjoyed, I ran into my crate and resumed the taste testing on my elbow. This time, he didn't even bother to come after me. I think I got my point across.

See all diary entries for Lola