Photo Comments Age: 13 Years Sex: Male Weight: 51-100 lbs
Photo Comments (3)
Leave a bone for Gunner
Special Gift Box:
Registered: Thompson's Rebel Gunner. Other Bunner, Gun Gun, Guns, Dork, Speckled Dog, Speckled Pup, Goof Ball, Scar, Scarface, Gunner-roo, Cutie, Honey Pie, Honey Baby Sweetheart
| ||Energy|| || |
| ||Intelligence|| || |
| ||Friendliness|| || |
| ||Playfulness|| || |
| ||Disposition|| || || |
December 7th 2000
Playing fetch with the tennis balls, food, his mommy, sleeping in people beds, howling along with firetrucks
Thunder, trains, fireworks, any other loud noises, cats, squirrels, golf clubs [it's a long story].
Tennis balls! Raw meaty bones, kongs with peanut butter, squeakers, sticks from the backyard
Dog Food: Wellness CORE, Nature's Variety Instinct, and Innova EVO. People food: Nerds and Smarties, chicken, beef, cheese, french fries and anything else us people are eating.
To For the Love of Dogs biscuit factory.
Shake, fetch, find Wiggles (our other dog), drop it
My mother and I befriended a wonderful old man who shared our love of GSPs. This guy has Parkinson's and it progressed suddenly, causing him to rehome all of his beloved dogs. Unfortunately, his female just had her last litter, so he got a friend to keep Heidi and the pups until they were old enough. It turns out this guy was not kind. He stole a puppy and sold it for his own profit. Also, poor mom and pups had little shelter (a doghouse, but not straw) and their water was frozen solid. Thankfully, my mom and I convinced our friend to move the pups one last time (and board mom). Of course, in this process, I fell in love with one little, rambunctious puppy. Gunner came home with us at 8 weeks and we haven't regretted it yet.
Gunner is the light of my life. He follows me everywhere and wants nothing more than to be with me. Whenever I'm upset, there's Gunner with a shoulder for me to cry on. He's intense and never gives up. Some days, he'll sit for hours watching squirrels in the trees. Gunner pretends to not like his little brother, Miles, but when he thinks no one's watching, he cuddles up next to Miles or engages in some wrestling. Recently, Gunner's been having some health issues (recurrent UTIs and a mast cell tumor) but even that won't slow him down. Without Gunner, I don't know where I'd be.
All legs and no tail
The Groups I'm In:
***Pointers PLUS***, ♥All Fur Fun♥, ~*Card Shower Gang*~, Food and Nutrition, German Shorthaired Pointers!, Holistixperience!, Indy Pups, PAWS Angels WAGS for Kindness, Samuel Jacob's Pals, Stubs and Nubs-The Original!, T-Beaux's Webcam, The FURminator® Group For Dogs, The Pet Detectives, The Whomping Willow
The Last Forum I Posted In:
What breeds would you recommend?
My goal in life has always been to catch the evil monster known as the squirrel. Last year, I finally won. That naughty squirrel was teasing me again, but he fell from the tree and I showed him who's boss! Unfortunately, Papa made me drop him, so I have nothing to show for my victory.
I've Been On Dogster Since:
|April 13th 2005
||More than 8 years!
Rosette, Star and Special Gift History
See all my Pup Pals
See all my Pup Pals
April 7th 2008 1:16 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]
My pawsome friend Maggie has tagged me!
The rules to this game are to put in four of the following and then tag four other pups! So here goes:
Name four jobs that you've had.
1. Yard Guard: I must keep those yucky squirrels, birds, and other animals out of my yard!
2. Mom Protector: Nobody is allowed to mess with my mom if she doesn't want them to.
3. Miles Babysitter: Someone's got to keep him out of trouble.
4. Cuddler: My cuddles are the best, mom says so!
Four places you have lived.
1. With mom and furblings at the nasty man's house.
2. At the vet's.
3. At the somewhat better man's house.
4. Here with my family!
Four places where you have been.
1. The field; I love running around chasing stuff.
2. The biscuit factory, where I get free treats and love.
3. Hiking at the state parks.
4. Pet Supplies Plus, where all the yummy food is!
Four places you'd rather be.
1. Out in the yard.
2. With mom.
3. The park.
4. On a walk.
I'm tagging my good buddies:
October 6th 2007 4:50 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]
Momma laughed at me today, all because of a stupid squirrel. She says I'm nuts for watching that darned creature for two hours, but I know I'm not. I can't let those heathens populate this earth. It's my God given duty to rid my yard of as many squirrels as possible.
Don't you all agree?
August 2nd 2007 6:23 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]
Lucy the cutie Rhodesian Ridgeback tagged me! She's awesome and this is so cool.
Ok. Here's the rules for TAG.
If you get tagged, you have to list 7 facts about yourself. Then, you will list 7 dogs you will tag and give them a paw mail or rossette telling them that they have been tagged!
1. Did someone say ball? All anyone has to do is look at the back door and I'm ready for a rousing round of fetch.
2. I'm a fierce hunter. I've 'gotten' a squirrel, a gopher, a cat (don't worry, he wasn't injured) and too many birds to count. Mom says I would've made a superb hunting dog if I wasn't so scared of loud noises.
3. I act like I don't like my brother Miles, but when no when is looking, I curl up next to him to sleep.
4. My mom is the best person in the whole world. I love her more than anyone else.
5. One of my nicknames is Scarface because I got hit in the head with a golf club (on accident of coure). Now one of my eyelids is droopy.
6. Posing for pictures is fun! Mom takes great pictures of me for this website.I love lookin' handsome for all the ladies.
7. I suffer from 'green paws' syndrome. Whenever grandpaw cuts the grass, I follow him around the whole yard so he'll throw the ball for me.
I don't know whom I'm tagging yet. I'll get back to you at a later date.
See all diary entries for Gunner|