April 17th 2012 12:52 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]
Today marks my 1-year anniversary with my FF. One year ago, I walked into my FF's home, not knowing that they were going to be my FF. I was a little nervous and unsure because I had never really had a home before, but now I can't imagine NOT being with my FF.
(FF notes that they can't imagine being without Scarlett either.)
I'm a lucky girl.
(FF notes that THEY'RE the lucky ones.)
In one year, I've learned:
- how to break out of a crate
- how to spit out medicine so that Mom is forced to hide it in peanut butter sandwiches instead
- that the kids fight over who gets to sleep with me (sometimes Mom & Dad get in on the action too!)
- that bunny raisins are delicious and plentiful...
- ... but not quite as good as bread, doughnuts, cookies, garlic bread, gummy frogs and cupcakes (and my FF has learned that if they leave the aforementioned items on the counter, I WILL counter surf to get them)
- that Mom makes great roast beef and bacon
- that when my FF goes out to eat and brings home a little white bag, that's good news for me!
- that as soon as my FF breaks out the peanut butter jar, I start to drool
- and most importantly, what family love is
Happy anniversary to me.
March 16th 2012 11:16 am
[ Leave A Comment ]
The weather has been so great and today Mom took me to my favorite place ever: the beach! I love running from one end of the beach until it ends at the rocks, and then I hang out there until Mom comes to get me and then I run back to the beginning! I think it might make Mom tired, but I say a little exercise is good for all of us! But I think Mom might have gotten a little mad at me today - I was so excited to be there and I have to admit my listening skills might not have been so great today. After Mom chased me to the rocks and I went back to the start of the beach, I was hanging out there and waiting for her. But there was also a nice policeman waiting there for her who kindly informed her that dogs weren't allowed on the beach. Mom did a good job of pretending that she didn't know that (so she got just a warning instead of a ticket) and while she was busy talking to Officer Friendly, I took the opportunity to zoom off to the other end again! I heard Mom telling me to come back, but like I said, I wasn't a great listener today. So Mom walked all the way back to the rocks to get me, and then put me on a leash! I couldn't even run anymore! Sometimes, she is so mean. Now I get why the kids get fed up with her too.
Mom says I lost my beach privileges, which makes me a little sad. But I don't think she would have taken me back anymore anyway now that she got her police warning. I still don't go in the water, but I'm less afraid of it now and let it lap up at me while I'm running along the shore - I even got my belly wet today! Maybe if I work on my listening skills, Mom will get a pass to the dog beach. We saw a couple other dogs today and I was really good with them, so maybe I will be OK on the dog beach too.
March 9th 2012 8:18 am
[ Leave A Comment | 1 person already has ]
I HATE it when Mom doggy-Febreezes me. I like the way I smell, and I don't want to smell like Summer Linen or Meadow Flowers or whatever that stupid Febreeze scent is. When I see Mom take the spray bottle and brush out, I start walking way but that woman is relentless and she hunts me down and corners me. After she sprays and brushes me, I try to wipe the smell off on my bed, but Mom doesn't get the hint. (Faithful readers know she can be a little slow on the uptake sometimes.) And now my bed smells likes Linen Flowers.
See all diary entries for Scarlett|