Arrival Story: Our dog Bo got very sick and apparently ingested rat poison. He had to be put down.
Against our families wishes my mother started looking for another beagle. She found one dog that was 30 minutes away, but her owners decided to keep her. My mother found Curtis on craigslist, his owners had him since he was a tiny puppy. They started having their own children and at 6 months old their son was diagnosed with cancer. The husband also has MS. They no longer had time for curtis. He had been looking for a home for over a month. His owners lived 3 hours away but they met us in the middle. Curtis was dirty, ever since their son was started chemo Curtis had to go outside. But he is an inside dog now.