June 3rd 2007 4:57 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]
I was tagged by my very special puggy friend, Mimi. Mimi & her sis Nikki, as well as their 2 brothers who are now at the Bridge, were some of my first Pup Pals. I still enjoy hearing from them and will always hold them close to my puggy heart. I must admit, I haven’t been too active on Dogster lately and don’t know what half of the new features are, so forgive me if my page isn’t all pimped out with music & stuff. Let me quit rambling and tell you what it means to be tagged.
Here are the rules: Players start with 7 random facts about themselves. Dogs who are tagged need to post in their diaries "the rules" and their "7 Pawsome Facts."
Then choose 7 dogs to tag and list their names. Don't forget to bark them a pmail through Dogster letting them know that they have been tagged. Tell them to read your Diary for details.
7 Pawsome Facts About Me:
1. I will be 6 years old on June 4, 2007. (Hey wait -- that’s tomorrow! Mom better have me some special treats!)
2. I was born in Mississippi & have since lived in Alabama, Germany, and Indiana. I’ve also traveled to Amsterdam, but mom wouldn’t let me smoke any hippie lettuce while there. Ha! Ha!
3. I got a foster brother in March of 2006, who’s now my official brother since he was adopted by my family in late May 2006. It took me awhile to warm up to him, but I do snuggle with him on the couch occasionally and have been seen licking his ears once or twice. (Don’t tell anyone!)
4. I am fully housetrained, but if my parents make me mad, I get them back by peeing outside of their bedroom door.
5. I was once featured in a pet calendar for the Montgomery Humane Society (Montgomery, AL).
6. My mom likes to sing my nickname, Gidaboo, to the tune of Destiny’s Child’s “Bugaboo” song. She says, “It’s the Gidaboo … the Gidaboo.” However, now that Spanky is in the picture, she has altered the lyrics: “It’s the Gidaboo … and Spanky, too.” (My mom found a way to sneak herself into my diary entry. This is what happens when she types on behalf of me).
7. My pup pal Zoey & I once wore bathing suits from Target’s baby section in a costume contest.
7 Pals I’ve tagged:
1. Zoey - she’s the above-mentioned dog from the costume contest. Our moms are best friends in real life!
2. Clyde Patches - my mom is friends with his mom. Clyde has two puggy siblings, Molly Grace & Barney Rubble. However, I thought Clyde might want to join in this fun, so I tagged him. Now Clyde, don’t make Molly & Barney jealous just because I tagged you & not them!
3. Lena -- this is one girl who knows how to keep her puggy brother straight. I think I need some tips from her on how to handle Spanky when food is involved.
4. Oliver -- he’s my Buggy (half Boston, half Pug) friend. Oh, he is the cutest thing ever!!!
5. Southerngirl Agnes Lucille - She is one sophisticated lady!
6. Mugsy - you won’t believe this, but my mom met his mom first on Dogster & then on a scrapbook website. It was meant to be that they’d be friends!
7. Harry - he’s one of my “big dog” pup pals! He is such a sweetheart!
April 6th 2006 9:00 am
[ Leave A Comment ]
Hi Pup Pals!
I hope this Thursday is filled with many treats and belly rubs for you. I'm sitting in my mommy's lap right now, dictating what I want to say as she so generously types it for me. If any of you live near Elizabethtown, Kentucky, or you just feel like a road trip, please urge your bipeds to bring you to Pugs in the Park on Saturday, April 15. We are going to have so much fun that day! There will be a Puggy Popsicle Eating Contest and an Easter Egg Hunt with doggie treats. I'm rubbing my paws together just at the thought!
If you'd like to see me "exercise" for a good cause, come watch me in the Fun Walk that day. The human organizers of this event obviously know that us puggies are no good at being in the sunshine for too long of a time, so they were sure to write a disclaimer stating that "donations are not reflective of distance walked." Ha! If it's nice and breezy out, I should certainly be able to walk at least 15 minutes. If you would like to sponsor me in the Fun Walk, please send me and my mom a Dogster email and she will give you the details. Donations would need to be received before April 15th. Even a $5.00 contribution would be a great start toward helping homeless pugs in Indiana and Kentucky. I won't be soliciting any sponsorship via Dogster emails, but I figure that if you like me enough to read my diary, then you may just "throw a bone" my way and sponsor me in the Fun Walk. You can read more about the Fun Walk and Pugs in the Park here:
Be sure to let me know if you plan to attend. I'd love to meet some of my Pup Pals in person!
March 21st 2006 6:05 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]
I know what you would have thought had you seen me a few hours ago. You would have thought, "That pug needs some Paws and Shoulders shampoo." Well, that's not the case. It was snow, I tell you -- NOT dandruff! Mommy took me out into that yucky stuff so that I could use the bathroom before snow completely covered the ground. She was all "oooing" and "ahhhing" at the sight of white flakes drifting from above, since it's still a relatively new phenomenon for us former Mississippians. Mom thought she'd do me a favor and put my red sweater on to guard me from the weather, but halfway into dressing me, we realized something wasn't right. Mom had put my sweater on backwards! It doesn't surprise me. Do you see that Frankenstein picture of me? She put that costume on me backwards when I was a puppy. We have pictures of that incident, but rather than embarrass herself, Mom put up pictures of me wearing the costume the CORRECT way-- a photo which was taken a few years later.
Can you believe it took me over a year to add a diary entry? I had to wait on my mom to type this for me, since I didn't pass Keyboards for Canines 101 over at the Paw Institute. I'm still getting praised on my "sit" trick two years after learning it, and that's enough for me. (I learned "down" too!!! Mom says that it would be impossible for me to learn "shake," but I think I could learn it with a little help from Elvis).
I guess that's about it. I just wanted to mention that I'm proud of my fellow member of the "FOR THE LOVE OF PUG" group -- Bandit. He was just named Dog of the Week by Dogster. What an honor! I now know someone famous! Woo-hoo! I'd like to give a special shout-out to some of my favorite Pup Pals: Zoey, Oliver, and Chloe of the Indiana Pug Pack, and Java Musclepants and the whole "Pants family." Oh, and I made another cute little doggy friend through Dogster named Harry. My mom said that if we had a bigger house, she'd get a dog like Harry as a sibling for moi. Gee, I don't know if I can share my parents with a dog that big, but perhaps it would be fun.
Pug hugs and curly tail wiggles,
Gidget ("The Gidaboo")