Age: 7 Years Sex: Female
|Home:Metairie, LA ||[I have a diary!] |
Leave a bone for *FOUND* Juno and Puppy
Dogster stats for *FOUND* Juno and Puppy
♥ ♥ UPDATE: Feb 19, 2010 Juno and Lucy were recovered from the St. Tammany Parish Dept of Animal Services in Abita Springs ONE hour away from where they went missing. ♥ ♥ (details to be continued in diary below)
MISSING in Metairie, LA since Jan. 9, 2010 near Transcontinental, Kawanee, and Veterans. Could be anywhere by now!
Please help be on the lookout and ask your friends in the area to do the same. To copy and print flyer * link removed * .
Juno is BLACK with brown markings similar to a Rottweiler but she is a smaller mix ~40 pounds.
Puppy Lucy is a 3-4 months old female at least 15 pounds at the time she went missing - same color and markings as mom.
Juno slipped out of her collar but she and the puppy are MICROCHIPPED.
**REWARD** Please call with ANY information
* contact info removed *
Juno and Lucy are VERY friendly but initial callers said they were skittish and not going near people except an early incident when they ran into Zappardo's supermarket and someone quickly shoo'd them out. It is possible someone has them not knowing they are lost, desperately missed, and need vet care! Family is heartbroken and exhausted still searching day and night, trying not to loose hope.
LOST in Metairie, LA
The Groups I'm In:
♥The Fabulous NOLA Walking Pack♥, +++Hurricane Katrina/Rita Survivors and Rescuers+++, Lost & Found - Dogsters & Catsters Unite To Help Find Missing Pets Here!, NOLA Puppies!!, Specific Information on helping lost/stolen/feral/found/stray cats, Taters "LETS HELP FIND MISSING PETS"., The Complete Rottweiler
I've Been On Dogster Since:
|January 28th 2010
||More than 3 years!
Rosette, Star and Special Gift History
See all my Pup Pals
See all my Pup Pals
May 5th 2010 3:07 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]
Sorry I have not updated sooner, the exact details of Juno and Lucy’s rescue are still not very clear. Someone picked them up in Metairie and took them to a shelter in Slidell (across the lake). We don’t know why they did not take them to the local Jefferson Parish shelter – perhaps the good Samaritan did not know where the Jeff shelter was, it was after hours, or out of their way? The Slidell shelter transferred Juno and Lucy to the St. Tammany Animal Shelter in Lacombe/Abita Springs, LA – ONE HOUR away from Metairie where they were lost and found.
A very nice lady who was posting on Craigslist for her own lost dog sent a tip that she may have seen Juno and Lucy listed on Petharbor.com. The last picture above is of Lucy at the shelter. She looked very different as she had grown but was VERY skinny. It was difficult to ID Juno from one pic as well.
We have MANY questions:
* WHY were the dogs NOT scanned for microchips?? They were in a shelter (possibly 2 shelters) and NEVER scanned!
* The St. Tammany shelter KNEW the dogs were found in Metairie, WHY didn’t they contact the local shelter and check their lost dog database? The Jeff Parish shelter was well aware of Juno and Lucy. They had their flyer and info and file and the staff came to know the owners well from their frequent trips and calls there.
* The shelter claims Juno and Lucy were there 3-4 weeks and about to be put up for adoption – why such a long “holding period?” This time frame is also questionable as we had a few fairly reliable sightings? 2 weeks prior to their recovery on Feb 19.
* IF they were at the shelter that long, why were they not listed on Petharbor.com until Feb 6 and 11?
* The St. Tammany shelter had been emailed with a flyer on Jan 28, why did they not pay attention? According to their account, the dogs were already in their possession or at least shortly there after.
* Why was puppy Lucy sooooo skinny if she had been there 3-4 weeks? Were they even concerned? They claimed she had heartworms, which is not true. The shelter does not have a vet available so what would make them assume that? Guess we are VERY lucky that Lucy was not put down because they thought she might be sick.
At the shelter, Lucy and Juno were separated. We suspect Lucy was too stressed to eat or maybe she came in malnourished from being on the streets for weeks, maybe a month. But Juno’s weight was ok. When they got home, Juno would wait for her pup to eat first, so we’re pretty sure that’s what she did while they were on the run.
* You would think shelters would do all they can to reunite lost dogs with their rightful owners. That is one or 2 less dogs they have to find homes for or worse….
Juno and Lucy’s owners realize how VERY lucky they are and are grateful to everyone who helped and prayed. They are healthy and living the good life together again!
If your pet is lost, do not give up hope. Continue to put up flyers EVERYWHERE. Check your local shelters every few days even if your pet is microchipped. Post and check sites like newspapers, craigslist.org, petharbor.com, and petfinder.com. Check near and far as your pet could easily have been taken to another parish/county, or state.
January 28th 2010 5:41 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]
If you don't mind, please take a moment to help spread the word to anyone who lives in the Metairie/New Orleans area. Share our page link, message, or flyer on Dogster, MySpace, Facebook, retweet on Twitter, blogs, and anywhere you can think of. You never know when a friend may know someone who lives or travels in our area. Thank you for anything you can do to help!
* Link removed * to copy flyer for WEB POSTING from near or far.
Please Cross Post
LOST Dog and Puppy in Metairie, LA
Juno is a 40 lb adult mixed breed female - BLACK with brown markings similar to a Rottweiler.
Lucy is a 3-4 month old female puppy - 15 lbs at the time she went missing - same color and markings as mom.
Missing since 1-9-10 from their yard on Jasper St near Transcontinental and Kawanee.
Last seen together at Royal Honda and Zappardo's - Transcontinental and Vets.
?Unconfirmed sighting close to Lafreniere Park?
They could be anywhere by now!
Someone may have them and not realize they are LOST and desperately missed. Juno needs medication and Lucy has not received all her puppy shots. They need to be with their family.
Please call with ANY information
* contact info removed *
If you live in the Metairie area, flyers may be saved and printed from * link removed *
Updates at www.FindJuno.com
See all diary entries for *FOUND* Juno and Puppy|