Close X


News of the Neighborhood

(Page 8 of 51: Viewing Diary Entry 71 to 80)  
[First 10 Diary Entries] Page Links:  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  [Last 10 Diary Entries]  

Happy Easter!

March 30th 2013 9:12 am
[ Leave A Comment | 2 people already have ]

Happy Easter everyone. Remember don't eat the easter bunny he does not taste good.

I have not been able to be on Dogster for a while. I kept getting bumped off. I don't know if it's fleas or our computer at home.

We have company! Maw-maw and Pap and their dog CoCo are visiting. CoCo is ok. We kind of keep away from each other. I can't believe that they are sleeping in MY BED. and I have to sleep with mom and dad. Why do I have to give up My ROOM for company? It's just not fair.

Oh well they did bring a ham to make up for it. I heard the people were going shopping so me and CoCo can have some alone time.

I will try to write more later.



March 1st 2013 6:47 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

Mom did not go to work today. Techinically, she is not supposed to work on Fridays, unless she has training, or she is making up a snow day, or they had a Monday holiday and they have to make it up, or she is getting her room in shape for her inspections, but techinically,officially, she is supposed to have Fridays off.

So mom stayed home with me today. After we saw dad off we spent the morning eating chex mix and watching cartoons, just chillaxing you know, when all of a sudden there was this BIG, LOUD KABOOM! It wasn't thunder. It wasn't the train stopping. It wasn't a car wreck. I did not know what it was but I was going to go get that blast. Mom seemed very unconcerned. She just looked at the clock and said:"Oh that's right they were blowing up the bridge today!"

What?! Yes, there is a major bridge that mom and dad take almost everyday. It is the bridge that goes to my favorite drug store. I love riding over the bridge. But it was old and needed replaced, so in November they closed the bridge down and today they blew it up. I don't care that they blew the bridge down because now when I go to the drug store, it takes us even longer to get there and you know I love a car ride. But mom and dad say they have to leave the house even earlier to get to work on time because of the new traffic patterns. I guess it must be hard being a human.


Is It Spring?

February 26th 2013 2:29 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 2 people already have ]

Hooray! I got to be a diary pick today! Now you think I only write when I get noticed by dogster, but I was planning on doing the weekly update today anyway.

Even though I did not get to go to mom's disco Valentine's party, I did get to go on a car ride to mom's work. I got to see the swarm of children pile on mom as she came through the door. Even the kids who are not in her class climb all over her.

She is getting ready for major inspections in March so she has been working late trying to get her room ready. One inspection is just to see what shape mom's room is in: if she has enough blocks, if her Baby dolls are multi-cultural, if she has a sand and water table, and if the room is clean. Well Duh, there are 20 five year olds in that room, do you think it's clean? So mom and her helper have been working late all week cleaning.

The second inspection is with the feds so you know its about stupid rules made up by people who never worked in daycare or pre-k or have even been around kids. They want to make sure mom is following all those rules. One example: How many times should you wash a child's hands while changing their diaper.(Not that mom has to change diapers, but this is the example that comes to mind)Answer: 5 times! When you take the diaper off, after you wipe his bottom, after you put powder/lotion on the child, when you put the clean diaper on and when you are totally finished. This is not how many times to wash your hands, it's how many times to wash the baby's hands. And the rules for 5 year olds are just as crazy.

The third inspection is from the state and they want to see how well mom is teaching the cirriculum. Mom gets inspected by the county a lot and this is just a ramped up county inspection. But you all might want to keep mom in your happy thoughts during March. Because if mom isn't too stressed out over inspecions she will give me lots of walks and treaties because she'll be thinking of me, as it should be.

I titled this entry is it spring because I know lots of you are still dealing with snow, snow and snow, but our crouci are blooming and our neighbor's daffodils had budded. I think spring is on the way.

Dad went to the doctor today. He has a sinus infection. The doctor thinks it might be time for dad to get that sinus surgery. That will mean I will have someone to hang out with all day while dad is recovering. They are going to see how this new meds work before they decide about surgery.

Well that's all the news this week. Everyone stay safe and have hope. I know spring is coming.


Valentine's Week Update

February 16th 2013 7:47 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 5 people already have ]

Happy Valentine's Day! Thank you all for the yummy dog safe chocolates. I tried to give gifts too, but if I forgot anyone, I still sent all my dogster pals good and happy thoughts.

Mommy had a Valentine Disco Party at her school. They had a disco ball and everything. When mom came home from work she was loaded down with valentines and candy and tatoos. And a monster headache. She kept saying: "I hate party days." She also had a mardi gras party for the kids and taught them how to say "Laissez les bons temps rouler" (if my french is wrong, excuse me...I'm a dog).Actually, they didn't have a party that day, just a parade.

I got to go to see mom's work/school but I did not get to go inside. I just went for the ride. Dad drove mom to work and then he came home and got ready for work himself. Dad was moving slow because mom finally got rid of her crud and gave it right to dad. I guess Valentine's give each other everything.

We have been having mild weather all week. If fact our croci bloomed. They are the first flowers of spring. But tonight it is snowing. Snowing like a banshee, as my friend Jake used to say. So I have been in and out all night long. I promise to walk in all the neighbor's yards so that they will have something interesting to look at instead of just a blanket of white.

There really isn't anything else going on. We are preparing for a cozy winter night. But, I think I'm going to go out and mark up the neighbor's snowy yard one more time before bedtime. (Wonder if mom will let me out at 4:00 am to walk around one more time)?


C is for Cookie

February 7th 2013 6:07 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 1 person already has ]

Mom always keeps cookie dough in the fridge. She never makes cookies, she just likes to eat it raw. She says it's better that way.

Dad does not like to eat raw cookie dough. He wanted baked cookies. So he made cookies with mom's cookie dough. (Dad is a brave man). Dad thought they were ok and ate a few before bedtime. He left the rest on the plate on the coffee table. There were 7 cookies left when dad went to bed.

When dad got up there were 2 cookies on the table. Whoo ate the cookies? Well mom and dad were sleeping away and I heard a noise. I got up and looked out the window. There was a blue fuzzy monster with googly eyes muttering under his breath: "Cookie, cookie, cookie starts with C." Yeah-that's the ticket.

Well, what could I do? I had to eat the cookies before that cookie monster broke into the house and ate the cookies. I had no choice. I was protecting my home and family and the cookies that dad worked hard to bake and had to face mom saying: Hey where is my cookie dough?

And they were Delicious.

ps. I've been having problems with dogster lately, that's why I haven't been around. Hopefully all the fleas are gone.


Snow Day

January 26th 2013 3:53 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 1 person already has ]

Yesterday it started snowing! Mom had to go to work, but they had early dismissal because of the snow. I heard about it on the tv at 10:00. I thought mom would be home by 10:30 but she didn't get home until 2:00. She said that even though school was dismissed early she had to stay until all of her pupils were picked up. I guess some parents didn't get the message and didn't come get their kids. Mom said that they were closing not only the pre-k but the entire daycare center. It was going to be closed at 2:00. She said that when she left at 1:45 there were still 8 children there.

Why wouldn't you pick your child up as soon as you could. Why would you stay at work when you could leave early? But I digress.

I didn't have to wait forever for mom to get home to play in the snow because Dad was home sick. Now he has the crud! Poor dad. I have been taking care of him. Mom and me went to get him some antibiotics and steriods today. And ice cream. That should cure him.

Mom thinks she is better and feels pretty good until her medicine wears off. Then she coughs up a lung and gets all fuzzy-headed. It is crazy here. I didn't sign up to be a doctor. I signed up to be a guard dog and a snuggle puppy.

Mom also cooked dinner tonight. She made a pot roast and baked potatoes. Mom is not the best cook but I had a taste of the meats and it was better than dad's pot roast. It melted in my mouth. I didn't even have to chew it. If I was a doggie that counter surfed that pot roast would be gone.

The other news is that it has been so cold here that I have started sleeping in mom and dad's bed. Mom has always wanted me to sleep in bed, but I was trained so well that I know it is bad to get on furniture. Mom has been working hard at breaking me of this and trying to get me to be a bad dog. So now I have my own couch to sleep on and I sleep on the company bed. But, in an effort to save energy mom and dad have been keeping the bedroom doors shut so I have been sleeping on mom and dad's bed. I'll stay on the bed with them until they turn out the light. Then I'll go sleep on my couch. I am afraid mom and dad will roll over on me and squish me.


Big and Little come to play

January 24th 2013 6:18 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 1 person already has ]

On Monday there was no school and no work. But, mom did not sleep in. In fact she got up at the normal time and got dressed and picked up the house. Then she went for a car ride. And she didn't take me!
But there was no point in just being put out about it because soon mom was back-with Big and Little! They didn't have school and they wanted to spend sometime with mom and dad. So they had a pancake party!

Little invented pancake party a few years ago to celebrate mom's birthday. He invited Big and his two cousins, Jake and Luke(the orginal big and little). He said that Jake could drive, Luke could pay, Big could complain that he didn't like pancakes and Little and Mom could eat all the pancakes. And so pancake party tradition started and the four of them try to go out at least every couple of months.

They invited dad this month and he got to drive because Jake has the crud and couldn't go. And Luke was studying for his SAT's and couldn't take time for pancakes.(He will regret that). I did not get to go because appartently dogs are not allowed in the pancake house. But that was ok because they brought me something when they got back.

I did get to play with Big and Little. We played some board games. I stood right on the board when they were playing Backgammon. We played some wii games. I stood right in the middle when they were sword fighting.

We had a great time, but then Big and Little had to go home. Mom and dad were exhausted because mom is still getting over the crud as well. She goes to bed almost as soon as she gets home. I understand that it hurts her to walk. That's ok because it's soo cold out. I don't even want to go outside and I'm a dog who loves cold and snow.

So I had a great day with Big and Little. Mom is getting better, slowly but surely and she asks that everyone have patience with her.


Dad "helps" mom

January 14th 2013 6:53 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 5 people already have ]

On Friday, mom didn't have to go to work, but she had some errands and appointments to do so we drove dad to work(HOORAY!CAR RIDE!) so mom could have the car. After dropping me off home mom went out to do her thing. I took a nice nap. It wasn't too long after that that mom came home. She looked terrible, terrible, terrible. She had no color, her eyes were glassy. She smelled terrible, too. And I am a dog. I know smells. She smelt all hot and sick. She went right in and went to sleep on the couch. She couldn't even make it to the bedroom.

Later dad came home. (Good thing he had a ride home, he could never navigate the city bus system). As soon as dad got on the porch, he could hear mom snoring really loud like she was a cartoon character blowing up the roof. He didn't need to touch her forehead to burn his fingers. She opened her eyes and he said to her: "You don't need to do the laundry tonight. I have enough clothes to last this weekend."

Saturday, mom slept most of the day while dad made some homemade chicken soup. Mom got up to eat the soup and drink nyquil and dayquil and go back to bed. Dad told mom he would clean the kitchen. Mom heard dad loading the dishwasher.

[Side note: mom and dad have been married for a very long time and mom says one of the major arguments a couple has is not over money or how to raise the kids, or where to live (Well, maybe they do) but how to load the dishwasher. This is how mom and dad solved it. Mom told dad if he wanted to load AND UNLOAD the dishwasher, do it. But don't offer suggestions about the right way to do it If you aren't going to do the total job. So mom takes care of the dishes.]

Sunday came and while mom's color was looking better there was no way she was going to go to the laundrymat. Dad had a plan. He decided that he was going to go to Roger's and hang out and do the laundry and take me. (Hooray! Car Ride!)He fingured it only takes mom about 2 hours tops to do the laundry at the laundrymat, using the big 3 load washer and big dryer. So maybe it'll take 4 hours using a regular washer and dryer.

While me and dad were doing the laundry(forever), mom was finally out of bed. She wandered in the kitchen to find something to eat. The kitchen dad said he would clean. The kitchen that had all the dirty pots and pans in the sink and NOT soaking. The kitchen that did not have the garbage taken out and it was overflowing. When mom opened the dishwasher, she was amazed at the things inside of it. He must have run it twice because there were no every day dishes in it. He washed the silverware tray. He washed the cannisters. He washed the tea pot and the coffee pot and the fancy dishes. So I guess dad was helping mom by deep cleaning.

Today, mom got up and took a lot of pills and her and dad went to work. She was co-herent and her fever was down, but she was going to go to the doctor after work. Dad called off work early so he could pick mom up and took her to the doctor and sat in the waiting room for two hours. (That's another thing people who have been married for a long time do. They wait at the doctors for each other or they go to boring work affairs or the generally do things they don't want to do but since your sweetie wants you to or needs you to , you do it. You don't complain. You pretend you didn't have anything else to do).

The doctor said that mom did not have the flu. It was pnumonia. They gave mom a breathing treatment in the doctors office. She was pretty buzzed and loopy. Thus this extremely long diary entry.

[If mom was truly listening this entry would have read. Mom's sick. Me and dad went to Roger's to do the laundry. I like to go on car rides. Mom went to the doctor. She on all kinds of drugs. She's acting goofy. Dad went to the ballgame. Hope he comes home soon, mom forgot to feed me.]


Merry Christmas!

January 6th 2013 6:24 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 2 people already have ]

Yes, that's right: MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!! Today is the Epiphany or the day that the Three Holy Kings came to see Baby Jesus and brought him three presents. Today is Little Christmas, Old Christmas, Russian Christmas. Who cares what it's called today is the day I get presents. And I got a bag of twisty bones and a bag of snacky bones and I got to play outside all day long with my new boyfriend Butter.

Yep. Butter lives next door to me. He looks just like Reese but a little smaller. His owners are trying to teach him to stay in his own yard, but mom told them she doesn't care there are always dogs in her yard so me and Butter played all day long.

It was the best Christmas ever.

Then when I came in the house, just chillin' and relaxing I heard a noise: " Squeak, Squeak, Squeak." There was a mouse in the house! It's been a while since we've had a mouse. That's because the weather has been uncharacteristicaly warm. But I heard it and ran right to the kitchen. I tracked it under the sink and just lay down on the floor growling. I am sure I scared it back outside. But I am the Mighty Hunter. Sure, it is not a bear but I dare that mouse to come back in my house.

So, I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas. Now I don't get any more presents until Groundhog day. (I hope I get a groundhog).



January 4th 2013 6:08 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 1 person already has ]

Oops! Mom let my dogster plus expire. She has really been slacking off. Sure she had that cold and cough( she still has it when we go out for a walk). And she had Christmas to think of(and we haven't even had Russian Christmas yet). And there is all the work stuff that mom has to do.(Sure she had 9 days off) but I don't think there is any excuse for mom not to send a check in the mail to update my plus. She said she will get on it right away. The first thing in the morning. Well, I'll believe it when I see it. (Meanest mom is the world.)

  Sort By Oldest First

Lucky Isabella


Family Pets

dorothy *dot*
louise in


(What does RSS do?)