December 24th 2012 12:16 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]
Mom is going through her list to make sure she has done everything to make tomorrow festive.
1. Christmas Cards. She delivered cards to all of her pre-k class but she did not send any to anyone else. She said she will wish everyone Happy Holidays when she writes her thank-you's.
2. Gifts bought and wrapped. Mom is checking this off of her list as well, but I know she doesn't have anything for me or dad. She said she is waiting for 3 Kings Day when the stores will be full of bargains. I just hope Santa Paws comes through.
3. Christmas Parties. Check. Mom has gone to two. One for the pre-K and one that her and dad went yesterday at Big and Little's Grannys. She got see Jake and Luke and Big and Little and the other cousins and their parents and eat delicious food and She did bring me home some stuff. Plus as an added bonus, Jake came over today just to visit. I sat next to him most of the time. So that counts as a party for me.
4. Decorations up. Mom and dad did that actually a few weeks ago. Normally they wait til the last minute or not at all. But our house is very festive looking. I'm just wondering how long it will take them to undecorate.(Maybe Valentine's Day).
5. Baking. Done. But mom did not bake anything. Instead they got a big package of cookies in the mail from one of their friends. And since they were not chocolate cookies, I got to have one too. Thanks Sandi!
6. Christmas Carols. Done and Done. Mom and dad often break into Christmas songs anytime during the year. It is not uncommon for me to sit down by the piano for a summertime concert to hear mom play Jingle Bells or O Holy Night.
7. Christmas Dinner. That's dad's department and he has that all planned. We are having a traditional slovak dish that I can't spell but mom assures me is delicious. (Although it is made up of sourkraut and biscuits and not meat.) We are also having crab. I don't know what else.
8. Christmas sickness. Check. Mom and dad are both sick. And the doctor is out of town until next week. So our house is full of coughing and wheezing and the empty bottles of nyquill are stacking up all over the place. Mom and dad are taking turns to see who can nap the longest. Mom says it wouldn't be Christmas without someone getting sick.
9. Christmas Mass. Mom and dad have been asked to do the music for the morning Mass at church. They are going to sing easy songs so everyone in the church will join in and we can all worship together.
10. So all my holiday chores are done, except for this one: HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO ALL MY DOGSTER PALS!!!!!!! I know Santa Paws will be good to you because there's no such thing as a bad dog.
Leave a Comment