July 26th 2009 12:12 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 2 people already have ]
July 26, '09. It's now just over 5 months since we took Abby to the vet to have her limp looked at. (We thought it was a pinched nerve). The vet called us right back and said come back in immediately. The x-rays showed osteosarcoma in right front paw. The vet said it was highly malignant and she could put Abby to sleep right away. We said "No Way, Not Today!" and we've had a wonderful time together since. She's slowing down and licking both paws now quite a bit, but she still has that waggy tail, and she still wants to play with the squeaky toys. How do we know when it's time?
Leave A Comment | 2 people already have
Oh, Abby, I'm so sorry to hear that you're sick. The Bridge is wonderful, so don't worry about that. Coming here will be harder on your people than it will be on you...
Please tell your people when you're ready to come here. You can lose interest in your food and toys, whimper in pain, whatever you think is best. Just don't wait too long to tell them- they don't want you to be really sick and in pain all the time.
I guess you could probably have an operation to amputate your foot or leg with the cancer, but that's hard at your age..If you don't have an operation, you might be able to take some medicine so you don't hurt so much. Ask your people to ask your vet what's best for you.
Most of all, please remember that you are loved. Being loved is a beautiful thing, Abby.
All my love,
Ms Honey Pie
Thank you, Honey Pie. We're jusst going day by day, giving Abby anti-inflammatory meds. She still has a waggy tail, so it's hard to know how much pain she's in. Thanks So Much for your support. AbbysDad