March 26th 2010 6:18 am
[ View A Comments (7) ]
When I first came here I barked about stuff I had learned. I need to bark some more about stuff I have learned over the past months. A young dog can still learn a few things.
1. I have learned, from Drover, to go into the shower and get a nice drink of water from the shower floor.
2. From watching the other dogs I have learned what a Dog Bed is used for. I no longer sleep on the floor at night. I sleep on a Dog Bed, whichever one Cindy isn't using.
3. I have learned, from Cindy, to run at the horses next to the fence. That will usually get the horses to run. Fun!
4. I have learned from Zoe and Drover how to have fun with squeaky toys. More fun!
5. I have learned from Zoe to lay down under Mom and Brother's chairs when they are eating. I don't know why we do that, we don't get table scraps. But it is nice there.
6. I have learned to be nice to the garage kitty cats. They come out to meet me when I play with Mom and the Chuck-It. But on the other paw, I have learned, from Drover, to chase them if they happen to venture into the yard. We both get hollered at when we do that.
7. I have learned to play tug-o-war with Zoe. I am gentle with her but I could drag her all over the house!
8. I have learned to hunt for tasty treats in our yard. Mom isn't too pleased with me when I have been hunting. I seem to get something she calls "silent but deadly". I like to lay at her feet and she makes my one syllable name turn into about four syllables when I let loose. "Tuuuuuxxxxxx, ewwwww!"
9. I have learned to stick with Zoe. She knows that when we come inside and sit nice next to the pantry will we usually get a nice cookie. She is one smart pup!
10. I have learned not to be so jumpy with every little noise or movement. I am learning to relax! I can still have my "on" button pushed and I will spring into action.
I will be sure to keep you updated on anything else. Learning is fun!
March 20th 2010 6:37 pm
[ View A Comments (5) ]
Isn't that what people do to new stuff?
Why did Mom think I did it? She didn't see me. It was that Notme dog.
She sure got ticked off and whipped out that Nature's Miracle spray quicker than you can bark "ruh-roh".
March 12th 2010 4:05 pm
[ View A Comments (2) ]
I must be outa shape.
Mom and I went out and played with the Chuck-It. Maybe we stayed out there longer than usual. Mom will stand in one spot and throw the tennis ball one way or another. It is up to me to pay attention and go fetch that ball. After we have played for awhile Mom will move closer to the barn but she will keep throwing the ball.
Today when she moved closer, I came back through the gate. Mom followed and we came back into the yard. Then I wouldn't let Mom have the ball.
I think she caught on that that was the clue I was finished playing.
I got a big drink of water outside. I came inside and fell asleep on the living room floor.
I have got to get back in shape.
March 11th 2010 1:22 pm
[ View A Comments (3) ]
So Mom saw a little white thing on me. She thought is was some pitch off of our firewood. She just grabbed hold of the little white thing and pulled. And pulled. And pulled until a scab about an inch and a half long came off.
It was old and dry. It didn't really hurt. Don't remember what I did to get that scratch.
I am fine.
March 8th 2010 4:49 am
[ View A Comments (9) ]
We made our last trip outside last night. It sure gets dark around here at night. The Georgie cat had been outside too.
When I came back through the door Mom started saying stuff like "ewww", "oh yuck", "Tuuuuxxxx, gross". I had found a little snack out there. I hurried and gulped down my snack so I wouldn't have to share with anyone.
Thank you Georgie, hope you found another snack for yourself.
March 4th 2010 4:50 am
[ View A Comments (5) ]
I was relaxing next to Mom.
I heard a noise.
That made me jump up and run through the living room.
That made Zoe and Cindy start barking.
That made someone go to the backdoor to let us all out.
We continued barking for a sufficient amount of time.
The noise I had heard? Turns out it was Mom's stomach growling.
March 1st 2010 3:43 pm
[ View A Comments (2) ]
I have added a fun video on the right side of my page. Please check it out. You may be able to relate.
February 24th 2010 6:44 am
[ View A Comments ]
Take a gander at this article about a IED sniffing Black Lab!
Hero Black Lab
February 22nd 2010 9:04 am
[ View A Comments (6) ]
We haven't had too much snow this winter. But we've had enough and it's stayed cold. The pastures all around us are snow covered. The pasture where Mom and I play with my Chuck-It is snow covered. Our drive way is an ice skating rink.
But in our backyard, where we all hang out and do our outside "chores", there is hardly any snow left! What happened to it?
Ok, I admit it. Cindy and I like to eat the snow. We chomp it and get great mouthfuls of the snowy, crunchy goodness.
I can't believe we ate the whole back yard though. We must have addictions.
Is there a 12-step program for eating snow?
Hello, my name is Tux. I eat snow.
February 19th 2010 5:44 pm
[ View A Comments (8) ]
I only play the Chuck-It game with Mom.
Brother and I go out to the snowy pasture with the Chuck-it. I will run after the ball, once. Then I start wandering around, sniffing, peeing, sniffing. Not playing with the Chuck-It. Brother has to retrieve the ball.
We come back to the yard pretty quick.
Later, Mom and I go out to the very same place. I could play and play with the Chuck-it. It is wonderful!
I only play Chuck-It with Mom.