Like many people, my family lives all over the world. Although I wish they lived much closer, I love that I get to travel to so many great cities to visit them.
I’m not the kind of person who can tolerate spending holidays and vacations away from my dog, so most of the time, he jetsets around the world with me. You should see his doggy passport! Having accumulated countless air miles, we know a thing or two about flying together. We hope you enjoy our picks and tips!
1. Chunky Yellow Cable Sweater â€” Airplanes often get chilly. I know I’m constantly reaching to shut the air vent. If you’re cold, chances are your pup might be, too! Make sure you pack a cozy sweater in his carry-on. A warm doggy is a happy doggy.
2. Pet Ego Sport Wagon Carrier â€” Beyond being an attractive piece of luggage, this stylish travel carrier by Pet Ego comes with a comfortable travel strap you’ll be glad you have while you’re standing around waiting to board. Most importantly, it’s airline approved.
3. The Dog Lover’s Companion Travel Guide â€” This incredible collection of travel books gives you insider information on hundreds of off-leash areas, parks, hiking trails, camping areas, and beaches, all rated from a pooch’s perspective on a one-to-four-paw scale. Check out the site for a guidebook to the city you’re traveling to. [Editor’s Note: Dogster’s own Maria Goodavage wrote the California edition!]
4. Airplane Dog Bed â€” You definitely won’t be taking this on board, but this airplane dog bed is a fun way for you and your dog to remember all of your travel days together. It’s a must have for dogs who love to jetset.
5. Silicone Travel Bowls â€” Flying can be just as dehydrating for your dog as it can be for you. Don’t leave home without travel bowls for your pooch. These collapsible silicone bowls are a cinch to pack and take up very little space.
6. Leather Pet Passport Cover â€” Traveling overseas? Your dog will need all his vaccination records and important travel documents. Keep them organized in a beautiful leather pet passport cover from Lila Paws.
7. <a href="http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=231
ement=20648-_-ShopAnthropologie”>Amrita Cardi â€” Flying isn’t the most comfortable way to travel, so I like to keep myself as comfy as possible by wrapping up in a big soft sweater. This wrap cardigan will have you looking and feeling cozy in style.
8. Hideo Jellybean Trolley â€” Sometimes when you get off of a long flight, it’s not always easy to tell which suitcase is yours at baggage claim. Spot your stuff immediately with this bright and fun Hideo suitcase in jellybean green.
9. Perry Travel Pillow â€” Catch some zzzzs while your pooch is snoozing while resting your head and neck on this pop-print pillow.
10. Maxi Tank Dress â€” In all of my traveling experience, nothing is more relaxing and easy to wear on board than a cotton maxidress. You’ll feel like you’re wearing pajamas without actually wearing pajamas. They look fantastic layered with a cardigan wrap like the one above.
What are your favorite travel tips?
Follow Dogster’s Picks of the Week on Pinterest!