Recently, I’ve been excited to see some of the coolest elements of the ’70s making their way back into fashion and design. From flared jeans to silk blouses and all of the chic accessories in between, when done right, this is the hottest laid-back look you’ll ever pull off. The items above are a great start in incorporating some on-trend ’70s chic pieces into yours and your diva dog’s wardrobe. This week, it’s all about getting that ’70s look! I sincerely hope this new trend means the awful ’80s revival is finally over.
1. Winter Chic Denim Jacker by Dogo â€” Reminiscent of the denim jacket your tall, bell-bottom-wearing ’70s crush wore, this fleece-lined demin jacket by Dogo will make your dog want to flip up his collar and strut all over the neighborhood.
2. Vintage Leather Dog Collar â€” This vintage leather collar featuring rusted brass oval hardware is just the coolest collar I’ve seen in a long time. It’s so cool, I think I’d be tempted to steal it from my dog and wear it as a wrap-around bracelet.
3. Preppy Tote Dog Carrier â€” I love this dog tote because it reminds me so much of my dad’s ’70s gym bag. If your dog is larger than tote-size, I recommend using this bag to carry all of his toys and supplies when traveling. Made from waxed canvas, this bag will last straight into the next decade.
4. Bloom Dog Bed â€” The shape says flower power, the print screams Three’s Company curtains. It might not be your thing, but I adore this unique little dog bed.
5. Silk Bookmark Blouse â€” Silk blouses are the epitome of ’70s chic and must-have staples in every woman’s wardrobe right now. Dressed up or down, they’ll be among the most versatile pieces you own. Printed silk blouses are very popular at the moment, but I like to stick to beautiful jewel-toned solids.
6. Fulton Felt Hat â€” One of my favorite ’70s throwback accessories that is now a modern-day style statement.
7. Buffalo Jeans Faux-Shearling Hooded Vest â€” Speaking of versatile pieces, nothing is more stylish right now than a great leather and faux-fur vest. Wear it over your silk blouses or zipped up over a fitted black turtleneck. Either way, you’ll look like a million bucks.
8. Hi-Rise Retro Flare Jean â€” I can just hear the sighs of relief from women everywhere who are so happy they no longer have to squeeze into skinny jeans. Flared jeans are back! And worn with a pair of tall wedges, they’re incredibly slimming.
9. Miss Goose Vintage Dog Toy â€” This cute vintage-inspired dog toy is so beautiful and unique, it makes me wonder why there aren’t more of them around. If anyone knows of any, please share!
10. California Fleece Dog Vest â€” Your dog will love the attention he gets in his ’70s-styled vest. It’s lightweight and sleeveless for maximum mobility, which I think igives it that extra cool factor. A steal from American Apparel at $8, you’ll want to pick these up in all of the 26 color combinations available!
Follow Dogster’s Picks of the Week on Pinterest!