Dogsters, I’m really happy to introduce a new feature on the dog blog. Christine Martinez, of the terrific blog Miles to Style, will be bringing her fun and hip sense of style to us every Thursday. We’re going to learn all about great new products I know you’ll love. I’m going to get the USB hub dog from her list this week. There’s nothing like plugging the ol’ keyboard into a dog’s paw, I always say.
And now, here’s Christine! Enjoy! (And welcome aboard, Christine!)
Hi, Dogsters! My name is Christine Martinez and I’m super excited to be spreading my love for fashion and cool products with the incredible Dogster community. Earlier this year, my gorgeous Mi-Ki, Miles, inspired me to start a blog called Miles to Style. It’s our own little spot on the web to share our favorite pet and people fashion finds. Little did we know we had fans over at Dogster HQ who were kind enough to invite us here to share what we love with all of you. Miles and I couldn’t be happier to be teaming up with Dogster to share our Picks of the Week!
Even though I’ve been out of school for quite some time, September is always back to school month for me. At this point in my life, “back to school” means getting myself reorganized by picking up new office supplies and changing out my casual summer wardrobe for something more sophisticated.
For my dog, it means transitioning back into doggy daycare after lots of vacation time with me. And naturally, I want to send him off looking his best and well-equipped with new treats and toys. No matter what this time of the year means to you, I hope these cool products get you and your dog out of your laissez-faire summer mindset and ready to head back to school (or work!) in style.
1. Beast of Burden Dog Duvet â€” Written in perfect penmanship, and of course, within the lines, this dog duvet probably won’t teach your dog to read or write, but he’ll have a comfy place to snooze during class.
2. Harry Barker Varsity Tennis Ball Set â€” Think your dog has what it takes to make it to the pros after graduation? Make sure you train him daily with these varsity tennis balls.
3. Puppia Middle School Uniform â€” Don’t fret over what you dog will wear on the first day. This handsome school uniform with button-up collar will ensure your dog is voted best-dressed by the end of the year.
4. Smart Dog Jerky â€” Your dog won’t be able to show off his best tricks on an empty stomach. Make sure you pack these nutritious Smart Dog Jerky strips to keep him focused and functioning at his best.
5. Shop this look at Madewell â€” Casual. Cool. Sophisticated. Chic. Just a few of the adjectives the rest of the dog moms will use to describe you when you drop off your dog looking like this.
6. Mascot Old School Repp Collars â€” Perhaps your dog will never get an A in the art of following basic commands, but at least he can look smart in these preppy collars from Mascot.
7. DNA Dog Toy â€” You tell your friends daily what a genius your dog is. They may actually start to believe you when it turns out his favorite toy is a DNA strand.
8. USB Hub Dog â€” Miss your dog while you’re at work? Keep him in mind him while powering all of your devices with this USB Hub Dog.
9. Baggu Backpack â€” This cool backpack is large enough for all of your daily essentials, and has a small pouch in the front for poop bags, toys, and treats. It’s a win/win for you and your dog. Bonus: It comes in all of your favorite colors!
10. Hand-bound Journals with Neon Pages â€” Old-school as it may sound, some people still like to write notes, phone numbers, and messages in a notebook. Gasp! If you’re one of these folks, you’re going to love jotting grocery lists and doggy playdate information in your neon-page notebook.