We think all pups are lovely, but we admit there are some breeds who stand out from the crowd due to their atypical appearances. Here’s our list of the ones who make us say, “Bow-WOW!”
All the dogs pictured below are beloved members of Dogster. Click on the photos to see the doggies’ personal profiles.
- Chinese Crested: This breed frequently gets top props in the World’s Ugliest Dog competition.
- Puli: Nice dreads, mon!
- Pharaoh Hound: Can you hear me now?
- Neapolitan Mastiff: Got wrinkles?
- Bedlington Terrier: Mary had a little lamb, little lamb…
- Mexican Hairless (Xoloitzcuintli): Say it three times, fast.
- Brussels Griffon: Monkey see, monkey do.
- Whippet: Meet the official Weight Watchers spokesdog.
- Briard: Peek-a-boo!
- French Bulldog: Dog or bat?
Remember, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I thought Sheba, my Neapolitan Mastiff (see #4), was the prettiest girl in the world, though plenty of people say Neos look like monsters. Rubbish!