The ingredients for this mini turkey slider dog recipe are likely the same ones you use for your own burgers. With your dog at your side, burger night can be even more fun!
How to make mini turkey sliders for your dog:
Prep time: 5 min.
Cook time: 5 min.
Servings: 8 mini sliders
¼ pound ground turkey (or another meat that your dog likes)
¼ cup shredded carrot
1 large egg
2 tablespoons oatmeal
4 slices of organic bread (or sliced, cooked plain sweet potato)
Your pup’s favorite additional “toppings”
Instructions for making mini burgers for your dog:
- Using a fork, combine all the ingredients in a small bowl (the mixture will be slightly wet).
- On medium-high heat, melt 1 teaspoon of coconut oil.
- Drop the meat mixture into the skillet with a heaping tablespoon. Don’t press down on the mixture.
- Cook for about two minutes.
- Flip and press gently to flatten. Coconut oil can be added to the pan if needed.
- Cook for an additional minute or two. Take the pan off the heat and let it cool.
To grill these burgers for your dog: Wrap the patties in a large square of aluminum foil rubbed with coconut oil (I put four patties in a single square) and put the foil on the grill alongside your family’s patties. Cook for two minutes. Flip the foil over after two minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Cut two rounds of organic bread with a 2-inch round biscuit cutter.
- The “cheese” is made by slicing a carrot thinly.
- Put the meat in the bun and top it with lettuce and “cheese.”
- It’s time to serve your favorite pup!
Adaptation ideas for your dog’s mini burgers:
- Ground beef or ground chicken instead of turkey. Here’s our list of best meats for dogs.
- Applesauce instead of an egg (be sure it is unsweetened!)
- Cooked sweet potato instead of bread. Here’s our list of safe and unsafe foods for dogs.
- Spinach or kale instead of carrots
This recipe can be easily adapted to your burger night’s featured meat, veggies and toppings.
My pups barely allowed me to photograph these yummy sliders before they were cleaning up the crumbs. I love making this slider recipe alongside turkey burgers for my family and freezing them for treats throughout the week. Make them a part of your next burger night this summer!