Keep Gorilla Glue Away From Pets
There must be something in the Gorilla Glue that attracts dogs.
Amber Flores said she wants animal lovers — and parents — to be aware of her dog’s nearly fatal encounter with a bottle of Gorilla Glue.
About two weeks ago, Flores said her normally active dog, Princess, seemed to lose her appetite.
“Everything was fine except she wasn’t eating and she wasn’t going to the restroom,” said Flores.
Flores then noticed teeth marks on a bottle of Gorilla Glue and realized that Princess had eaten about an ounce of glue.
What she didn’t realize is that the glue had grown to the size of a grapefruit — weighing nearly 1 pound — inside Princess’ stomach.
Flores’ veterinarian, Dr. Kristen Rohde, decided surgery was necessary to save Princess’ life.
Rohde said she was shocked at what she saw inside the dog’s stomach.
“I made the incision in the stomach. We actually tried to get it out of the stomach,” said Rohde. “It was just like a big old, water-logged, soggy mass of rubber. It was like a rubber ball that had been in a swimming pool too long.”
Rohde said Princess’ encounter with the glue is not an isolated case.
She warned that children are also at risk of accidental ingestion.
“Please keep it out of reach of children or animals because it’s really scary.” Said Rohde.
Flores said Princess is now doing fine.
She said she hopes her story will convince pet owners and parents to keep animals and children a safe distance from Gorilla Glue.