The Doggy Look-alike Contest is no longer accepting entries. If you entered the contest, please check the email address you signed up with on Disqus or your Instagram account for a message letting you know you were randomly selected as a Finalist. The Final Voting Round is now live. Thank you to everyone for your amazing participation.
Do people say that you look an awful lot like your dog? The variety among dogs and dog breeds mirrors the diversity of appearance among humans, and the coincidence is deeply profound and perhaps further proof that our bond with dogs is something extra special.
No other human-animal relationship can boast thousands of years of companionship, and there’s evidence that loving dogs might be part of our very DNA, so it’s no wonder dogs and their human friends sometimes end up looking so much alike.
That’s why we’ve teamed up with those stylish folks over at P.L.A.Y. (Pet Lifestyle And You) for a giveaway you have to enter lest your dog friend be disappointed!
Here’s what you could win:
- Five Finalists will receive a Wobble Ball and a $50 coupon for an Original Collection or Artist Collection dog bed.
- One Grand Prize Winner will receive a Lounge Bed of their choosing … all courtesy of P.L.A.Y. Pet Lifestyle and You. (They are seriously awesome, right?)
Here’s how to enter:
- From April 2 until April 14, we’ll be accepting photo submissions in the comments section of this post and on Instagram. We’re looking for the cutest photos of how much you and your dog look alike. Post your photos with Disqus in the comments section here or use #DogsterPLAYLookalike and tag @dogster and @petplaysf on Instagram.
- We’ll select five random entries as Finalists for a final voting round from April 21 to April 30. Voting will be conducted in another post right here on Dogster.
- The Grand Prize Winner will be the entry with the most votes.
- We’ll announce the Grand Prize Winner on May 7.
Here are the rules:
- Contest is open only to U.S. residents with shipping addresses within the 48 contiguous United States. We can’t ship to Hawaii or Alaska. We know that’s a bummer to our pals elsewhere, but contest rules get a little tricky, unfortunately.
- Finalists will be notified either by email or with a comment on their Instagram entry. Finalists will have three days to respond to qualify for the final voting round. If no response is received, we’ll select another Finalist.
Good luck! We can’t wait to see those photos of you and your dogs looking alike!
Check out some of the adorable entries we’ve received via Instagram below. (If the display doesn’t load, you can see it here.)
Check out these adorable stories on Dogster:
- We Love These Pictures of Dog-Pooping Photobombs
- Go Home, the Internet Has Been Won by These Chihuahua and Chicken BFFs
- Everybody’s Doing It: The Dog Breed Group Personality Quiz
About Liz Acosta: Dogster’s former Cuteness Correspondent, Liz still manages the site’s daily “Awws,” only now she also wrangles Dogster’s social media. That’s why she wants you to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and — her personal favorite — Instagram. See ya there!