The word “chia” might make you think of the word “pet,” but did you know that chia seeds don’t only grow adorable plant pets, but are also a great healthy choice for your real-life pup as well?
Packed with healthy omega-3s, chia seeds are a great choice for your dog’s skin, coat and overall well-being. In this recipe, we’ve paired the seeds with another healthy, immune-boosting ingredient: coconut milk. It’s so tasty and healthy you’ll want to share!
Related: 5 People Foods That Are Good For Dogs
- Just under 1⁄2 cup chia seeds
- 1 can UNSWEETENED coconut milk —you can also use low-sodium chicken or beef broth, or even water.
- Dog-friendly fruit, such as raspberries
- Pour coconut milk in a bowl. It can firm up, so mix until it is smooth and liquidy.
- Add chia seeds and stir.
- Leave out for 20 to 30 minutes and stir occasionally.
- Chia seeds should absorb liquid and turn into a thick pudding. Add seeds or liquid as needed to reach desired consistency.
- Top with fruit and serve.
- Keep pudding chilled — it can be kept for up to a week in the fridge.
As always, check with your vet before giving to your dogs! For human enjoyment, top with a little bit of honey for added sweetness.
Read Next: As the Temps Heat Up, Cool Your Pup Down With These Frozen Dog Treat Recipes
1 thought on “Recipe: Puppy Puddin’ Parfait”
How much of this parfait can you give your dog per pound or Kg? I see that it is recommended 1/4 tsp chia seeds per 10 lbs / 4.5 Kg. Giving this full recipe to your dog could be a mistake you do not want on your hands. Please advise people better.