The word “chia” might make you think of the word “pet,” but did you know that chia seeds don’t only grow adorable plant pets, but are also a great healthy choice for your real-life pup as well?
Packed with healthy omega-3s, chia seeds are a great choice for your dog’s skin, coat and overall well-being. In this recipe, we’ve paired the seeds with another healthy, immune-boosting ingredient: coconut milk. It’s so tasty and healthy you’ll want to share!
- Just under 1⁄2 cup chia seeds
- 1 can UNSWEETENED coconut milk —you can also use low-sodium chicken or beef broth, or even water.
- Dog-friendly fruit, such as raspberries
- Pour coconut milk in a bowl. It can firm up, so mix until it is smooth and liquidy.
- Add chia seeds and stir.
- Leave out for 20 to 30 minutes and stir occasionally.
- Chia seeds should absorb liquid and turn into a thick pudding. Add seeds or liquid as needed to reach desired consistency.
- Top with fruit and serve.
- Keep pudding chilled — it can be kept for up to a week in the fridge.
As always, check with your vet before giving to your dogs! For human enjoyment, top with a little bit of honey for added sweetness.