Lisa Hoefinger | Oct 22nd 2009
The Associated Press and Petside took a poll, they found out most dog owners are willing to go snouth-to-mouth but aren’t really prepared for an emergency.
Here are some of the poll results from the AP, go to their site to read more.
* 63% of dog owners and 53% of cat owners would be at least somewhat likely to perform CPR on their pet.
* 65% of women vs. 50% of men say they’d be more likely to perform CPR.
* 54% don’t have a fire evacuation plan.
*41% have had at least one incident requiring an emergency trip to the vet.
* 30% of dog owners and 22% of cat owners at least sometimes give them bones from table scraps.
* 20% have a pet first aid kit at home.
* 16% have pets who’ve had allergic reactions.
* 7% have pets that have eaten something poisonous.
What about you, would you perform snout-to-mouth? Give me a bark.
Our Most-Commented Stories