Guest

will chapstick hurt dogs if ingested?

will chapstick hurt dogs if ingested?


Asked by Member 896172 on Oct 1st 2009 Tagged ingestedchapstick in Swallowing Foreign Objects
Report this question Get this question's RSS feed Send this question to a friend



Status

  • Cast your vote for which answer you think is best!


Answers

Aster

Very much could lead to diarrhea. Other than that, I don't think so.


Aster answered on 10/1/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer


Jet

It depends on the amount of chapstick, the size of your dog, and possibly the ingredients in the chapstick. If your dog is allergic to any of the ingredients, go to the vet. Also, besides diarhea once or twice, if your dog shows and further problems, go to the vet. Otherwise, I don't think so.


Jet answered on 10/1/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer


Mina

Two questions:
-Did the dog eat the plastic?
-What size dog?

Chapstick doesn't have much in it that can be poisonous, and is definitely not going to be fatal. Your dog may feel a little sick tonight if he or she is a small breed (a bigger dose for a smaller dog).

The only part I'd be concerned of is if he or she ate the plastic... if he or she ate it in big chunks, it could cause a problem and you may want to call a vet.


Mina answered on 10/1/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer


Dieta

You have to worry about the sharp hard plastic case. That can be dangerous if the plastic is sharp once broken open.


Dieta answered on 10/2/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer


Copper and Bailey

Depending on the amount your dog ate (and whether or not he/she ate the plastic) the worst thing that could happen would probably be diarrhea. If he/she did eat the plastic I would be on the look out for blockage. You need to watch for vomiting, constipation, lethargy, etc.


Copper and Bailey answered on 10/15/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer