Why is my dog shaking?

I have an 11-year-old toy poodle and over the last week I have noticed him trembling quite a bit. It only lasts for about 5 seconds at a time and then he continues on, but while he is shaking he seems to lose all focus. A couple of times he's even lost his balance and stumbled because of it. Is he having seizures or is this something else?

Asked by Member 798016 on Jan 28th 2009 Tagged shaking in Health & Wellness

Answers

Sounds like a seizure. Vet time ASAP!

OMG I googled dogs shaking because as Im sitting on my bed I noticed my 14 yr old cairn terrier is quivering his whole body is quivering/shaking. He is alert and normal except for this. Did you go to the vet yet with your tp? I also have a 5lb toy poodle and a scottish terrier.