why does my male dog have white discharge from his penis

he is a chocolate lab and when he is laying down on his back i notice a white discharge from the end of his penis its not oozing out its just kinda there I noticed it about a week ago for the first time . Is it normal or should i have it looked at by a vet

Asked by Member 845115 on Jun 11th 2009 Tagged discharge, penis in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

It can be normal, but it's one of those things you should get checked out anyway since it's hard to tell by description alone.

It could be normal or it could be the sign of an infection and it will probably take your vet a few minutes of quick examination to rule out any problem.

You never mentioned his age or if he was neutered. He could possibly have reached sexual maturity and the white discharge is well you know.
I would think a vet visit is in order if you notice any redness, swelling, a smell or he starts to lick his region a lot, the vet would need to rule out any infection.
Have a good one.