Why does my dog lick other dogs urine?

My dog is male and i have other dog who is also male. and one of my dog started to lick other male's urine and foam all over his mouth, quivering. He does that everytime outside or inside when he smells other's dogs urine on grass or carpet. one weird thing is he licks male's urine

Asked by Member 786507 on Jan 2nd 2009 in Other Behavior & Training

Answers

Ringo

Not sure about "why", but it is not an uncommon issue. Also, eating feces is more common. I suspect it has something to do with "sensory messages", sort of like marking trees & sniffing each other's behinds. I know they make supplements to help with the fecal consumption, maybe there is something for your issue too? Behavior training could get it under control. If he is well trained, and that behavior is not condoned, he may stop. Good luck!

Ringo answered on 1/16/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer