Roxy

why does my dog do these things?

My dog likes to do these thing:

1. push her head in between my legs when im siting or standing

2. She likes to sit in front of me with her ears slanted back like shes waiting for me to say something

3. when i come home she will lay down then go on her back with her ears back wagging her a tail a little bit

4. She will follow me all over the house and if i dont let her sleep in my room she will lay outside my door until i wake up even if my dad or brother have already woken up

i dont know what shes trying to say , does anyone have any ideas ? thank you

Asked by Roxy on Jan 6th 2013 Tagged weird, dog, behavior, why in Other Behavior & Training

Answers

Lexus

Sounds like a submissive act. She really loves you and wants to please you and wants your attention.

Lexus answered on 1/6/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Judging by her profile pic she definitely has gsd and possibly even some malinois. These are intense, drivey breeds. She needs a job, tons of exercise, & a lot of consistent, positive, daily training.
These are *velcro dogs. They bond strongly to their person. That answers #4.
The pushiness should not be encouraged. She is becoming a teen, & needs boundaries.
Sitting in front of you...yes..she is waiting for you to tell her what her job is. Lie down, find a ball, do anything.
The homecoming is a bit on the submissive side, but better to ask for a belly rub, than to jump on you.
I have over 30 years of gsd experience. She is about to be a teen. This next year she could really test your patience. You need to make sure she is getting daily training. Be patient, positive, & consistent.
Training tricks & obedience will tire her out & strengthen your bond.
She is lovely & sounds like your best friend.

Charlie Brown Cocoa Puffs

she does look like she has some malinois in her. a few that i have met (wiley may have had this experience) seem to take to escorting (sticking their head in between your legs) naturally with k-9's. one horribly untrained one that i knew did it all the time. GSD are definately velcro dogs. they pick their person. sounds to me like you have a friend for life. she does need lots of mental stimulation and training though. these dogs are happiest with a job and their person.

Charlie Brown Cocoa Puffs answered on 1/7/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer