Tanner

Why does my chihuahua sleep so much?

He's going to be 2 yrs old in October and he's always sleeping... We let him run around the farm for 2 hours in the morning to get exercise but that's about it besides letting him outside. He sleeps all night when I go to bed (usually between 11 pm through 5 am), and only wakes up at around 3 am when I get up to feed livestock. Is he not sleeping enough at night or what?

Asked by Tanner on Jul 23rd 2012 Tagged chihuahua, sleep, not, enough, not, active in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

Kazba

Some dogs do sleep a lot. if they have nothing to do, then they may just decide to take a nap since they are bored. I have a 13 year old that is always sleeping. He has been this way most of his life. But if we would get the leashes out to go for a walk, he would get up and be ready in no time. You just may want to find more thigns for the dog to do during the day.

Kazba answered on 7/25/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer