Which breed of dog is going to be by my side 24/7, trains very easily, and can be entertaining (clownish personality, an

I am looking for a dog. I would like a coton de tulear but there aren't a lot in my area, are there any other good dogs that meet this description? thanks for the help!

Asked by Member 1137299 on Oct 23rd 2012 Tagged bestdogbreed in Breeds

Answers

I would go to the local shelter and pick one out there. Good Luck!

I'd look up Australian Shepherds, I hear they're "velcro dogs". (As in they follow you everywhere.) My German Shepherd was like that, too, and I believe they're one of the easier breeds to train.
Border Collies come to mind.

Do your research, though. Be sure to consider things like exercise and energy level, amount of grooming, shedding, and other things that may or may not be a problem for you.

Border Collies are very versatile dogs and can be used for all kinds of things. However, they are also VERY energetic and can be destructive if they don't get the exercise they need.

German Shepherds shed a LOT, and can need a lot of exercise as well. (Though mine was more or less content to adjust her energy level to mine, but each dog is an individual.)

Australian Shepherds...I don't know a ton about them, but I'm pretty sure they're also pretty high energy.

Chase

Have you considered a pug?
They're in the same size range as the coton if that is a major consideration, and they're very attached to their people, but still generally friendly with everyone. And they are definitely little clowns bursting with personality.

Chase answered on 10/24/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Along those same lines are the Havanese and the Bichon Frise.

I definitely love those Cotons :D Always so happy go lucky and sweet.
(my mom has one and my sister has 2, all sisters)

On petfinder there are usually a couple of them if you type in coton de tulear and your zip code.

I have had dogs all my life many different breeds & I love my pit bull mix that I have now she is very faithful so much so at times its annoying but I love her anyway.Can be trained very easily- very intelligent dog & quick -well when she was younger& can be so fun at times the best dog I've ever had she treats me better than the rest of my family.

There's many good dogs that meet this description! Labrador Retrievers, Golden Retrievers, Boston Terriers, Boxers, English Bull Terriers, Beagles, French Bulldogs, just to name a few.

Out of all of these, my favorite is the English Bull Terrier. They are very intelligent, easy to train and eager to please. They are very entertaining with their clownish personalities.