Where can I register my dog online

I would like to register my dog.But I dont know any websites were I can register just the individual dog not her whole litter,because I dont have her whole litter just her

Asked by Member 329321 on Feb 20th 2008 in Other Behavior & Training

Answers

Dante

Registries are for pure-bred dogs and your dog is a mix. However, I think CKC is "registering" recognized mixes. I'm not sure why you'd want to register your dog since registration is only for competition in shows (which your dog can't do as a mix) and for breeding and registration of future litters, which you also shouldn't be doing. You can't get true "papers" on the dog through reputable registries like AKC. With them, you either have papers, or you don't. There is no way to get a dog papers if his parents weren't registered as purebreds with that registry. But, if you just want to do it for fun, find the CKC (Continental). All they require is a picture and 2 witnesses signatures. CKC is pretty much a crock of a registry and will register "recognized mixes" like a cockapoo. CKC doesn't require any type of lineage info. You can get a dog from a pound, say it's a Schnauzer, and register the dog as fullblood, even though it's a mutt as long as 2 signatures are there. I don't like CKC

Dante answered on 2/20/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Lady

Isn't the AKC considering recognizing Mix-breeds? I know they are considering allowing them to compete in some of their events.

I really have no idea. Sorry.

Licks
Lady

Lady answered on 2/21/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer