where can i get a PSD in Texas?

it would have to be no cost, i have the money to pay for food and vet and everything else the dog might need but i just cant afford a 5000+ dollar dog right now and getting a job for me is out of the question. i have pretty severe social anxiety and depression, bipolar, OOd, and ADD. my anxiety has gotten so bad that i wont leave the house unless i HAVE to. and i cant talk to people at all. i think that a service dog would really really help me get around all that! it would be nice if they were in the houston area or able to bring the dog to me as i just cant drive very far.

Asked by Member 1183056 on Jul 29th 2013 in Service & Therapy Dogs

Answers

Pineapple Smushface

It does not sound like you will be able to give the dog the activity it would need. How would you be able to pay for vet care if the dog had medical bills? What if the dog needed vet attention and you were having an episode? I would discuss these with your physchiatrist and see what s/he suggests. A dog will not cure you or help you to be more active. Plus, service dogs are not given away unless someone has a severe disability such as deafness or blindness. Most people have dogs certified on their own, and it does not seem like you are capable of training a dog. Still, I would call service dog organizations and see what they suggest if you can afford one and can guarantee them that the dog would not end up neglected. ^_^

Pineapple Smushface answered on 2/1/14. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer