Lucy

Where can I buy LIQUID dramamine?

Our vet has recommended giving liquid Dramamine to our Westie who gets very bad car-sickness. But I haven't been able to buy liquid Dramamine ... only the tablets seem to be available at the pharmacies and online.

Asked by Lucy on Jan 13th 2009 Tagged dramaminecarsicknesswestie in Health & Wellness

Answers

from what i've read on a quick internet seach, this is called gravol in canada. i would give the vet a quick call just to make sure there's no difference, but heres a site that sells it for the usa

www.americanameds.com

Ginger Smiles Primm

Be realy careful with that stuf! The kids in school used to take it to halucinate! Make sure you give the smallest amount recomended! I take it for motion sickness and it makes me VERY cranky!

Ginger Smiles Primm answered on 1/14/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Echo

Ask your pharmacist. Many off brands are also the same thing as the name brand and as long as the active ingredients are the same, the medication is the same. Try also Petmeds and look for motion sickness medicines.

Echo answered on 1/14/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I'm sorry your Westie gets car sick. We've had two Westie's and have found that the best solution is to not feed them prior to a car ride. We only experience car sickness on very crooked roads. We keep towels in the car and have taught out dog to throw up in the towel. We travel with our dog and it's a 12 hour car trip from our home to our beach house....We recommend avoiding Dramamine if at all possible...It makes the dog sleepy and disoriented...Sometimes stress makes the dog sick. Try short trips in the neighborhood then expand as tolerated. Good Luck!! Westies are a JOY!