Cassius

When will puppies learn to stop playing so rough?

I know they will always play with eachother but they're both 9 wks & sometimes they play so rough it & barking so loud it sound like they're being aggressive.

Asked by Cassius on Apr 12th 2012 in Puppies

Best Answer

Nike

Mine is 5 months old and still plays rough. I think it's ok as long as you can stop them without them growling or getting mad. I make sure that I am in control of the playing.

Nike answered on Apr 14th.

Answers

My dog is 4 yrs old and she's pretty vocal and rough when she really gets involved in playing with another adult dog. I think it sort of depends on their personality. For more manageable behavior, you want to tire them out with walks and toys, too. Puppies are fantastic, though. :)

Callie (Calliope)

My dog and one of her litter mates still act like that at 14 months yet don't do it with other dogs. They act and sound like they're killing each other but they aren't.

Callie (Calliope) answered on 4/13/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer