What's wrong with my dog's eyes?

So I went to camp for a week and came back on August 2nd to find my dog had some sort of injury or something on his left eye. I thought it would heal and go away but it hasn't. It's turned into lots of red bumps around his eyes and even spread to his right eye. However, some days it appears to be getting better and then the next day it's bad again. I'm getting really worried, and my mom says it's an infection, but I don't have the money for a vet to check him out right now. He's a chihuaha, about 4 years old, and he has had worm problems when he was younger, but we were able to cure him.
Can someone please help me? I'm really really scared that it might be something bad because we all see him as family. I've included some pictures from about two weeks ago, but the bumps have worsened a bit.

i41.tinypic.com
i39.tinypic.com
i40.tinypic.com
i41.tinypic.com
i43.tinypic.com

Asked by Member 1187504 on Aug 28th 2013 Tagged dog, eyes, help in Emergencies & First Aid

Answers

I just saw this photo and it literally made me sick. PLEASE GET YOUR DOG TO A VET NOW!!! How can you let him suffer if you love him like family? This is an eye infection, and unless you want the poor thing to go blind you need to take him in. Banfield clinics in PetsMarts have free visit coupons, all you would have to pay for is the medicine, and Target carries some pet meds at decent prices, but you need the prescription from a VET! You will feel much better when this is taken care of, and so will your hurting dog.