What should I feed my 8 month old GSD puppy ? (Just adopted)

I have just (today) adopted a thin GSD puppy from a Dog training center. He's well with more then 20 tricks and guard training. But he's too thin (20 Kg/40 lbs) and height 24 Inch and age is 8 month. In the training club they were feeding "Nutripet", "Rice", "Bone of Meat". But may anyone plz advice me that what should I feed him to make him healthy ? he's too thin now.

Asked by Member 1117379 on Jun 24th 2012 Tagged gsd, food, nutrition, germanshepherd in Pet Food

Answers

GSD put on a lot of weight till they get to the age of 15 months. Meals twice daily is the key. You can feed him food for large breeds like this one tupples.com or tupples.com Monitor his weight and give him good amount of water to drink, if u still feel that he isn't gaining weight then you can consult a vet.

Actually his weight sounds a bit low, but you want to err on the side of leanness. You should be able to feel his ribs, see a *waist when you look from above.
I fed Orijen Large Breed Puppy Formula to my guy. As an adult he is now on Acana. At 10 months he was 35 kg. At 3 years he is settled at 42 kg. He is going through huge changes now. If you want him to gain, do it slowly..don't just feed extra. Gradually increase & keep your eyes on his poop. Too runny...cut back. I would like a couple more kilos on mine, but his system can only tolerate 3 1/4- 3 1/2 cups of acana/day. His vet, btw, says his weight is excellent and too many people overfeed.

Merrick is a great food to feed, learn more about Merrick at www.merrickpetcare.com

Merrick has a selection of grain free dog foods. This is a plus for any dog because dog's don't need grains in their diets.

Merrick is one of the best dog foods that you can feed to your dog. There's many different formulas to choose from which makes it easy to choose the perfect one to feed to your dog.