What is this pink bump on my dogs stomach? (pictures are included)

I have a pug and I tried looking for the answer on what this bump may be. Some say it could be cancer or a bug bite. Im terrified if its cancer. Im pretty sure its not a bug bite because it hasnt gone away and its been a couple of weeks already. My dog hasnt been acting weird. I did see a slight increase in her weight. Other than that she hasnt been acting strange. I havent seen a vet yet but I want to have a clue if it is serious or not.

Here is a picture of the bump:
tinypic.com

Asked by Member 1040102 on Jul 8th 2011 Tagged bump, pug, pinkbump in Skin Problems

Answers

It looks like a mole, but only your vet can tell for sure.

Petri

It looks like it could possibly be a skin tag. If it grows or changes then I would possibly think a tumor (probably non cancerous). You might call your vet and see if you can email over the picture instead of having to take her in.

Petri answered on 7/9/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

My pug had one of these that looked exactly like yours. It turned out to be a tumor. Some are benign some are not. Our vet did a biopsy and when they are poked, they bleed like crazy. she recommended we have it removed. During the surgery, they found 5 more under the skin. Each tumor had a "halo" of infected cells that needed to be removed as well. I know all this sounds scary but all but 1 of my girls tumors were benign. I wouldnt wait to get it checked. The bigger it gets, the worse the problem.