What is the best thing to do if my puppy is 15 days behind in his 2nd round of shots

I have been without money and i missed his 2nd round of shots should i restart or take it

Asked by Member 1147944 on Jan 3rd 2013 in Vaccinations

Answers

You should ask your vet. Also, sometimes shelters or the SPCA will hold vaccination days at cheaper rates. You might check into that. Good Luck!

Beau

You should be okay following up with the second series of vaccines without having to start over. Just be sure to check your puppy to ensure they haven't picked up any sicknesses between vaccinations, as you can cause the illness to go into overdrive.

I work in pet care and we often advise doing three boosters every four weeks (one at 8 weeks, one at 12 weeks, and one at 16 weeks). Since you did miss your preferred due date, I'd recommend following up with the third booster in four weeks just to play it safe.

Beau answered on 1/4/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer