RoXxy

What is the best food for Neopolitan Mastiff's??

Asked by RoXxy on Mar 29th 2011 in Food & Nutrition

Answers

Sailor

Definitely go with large breed puppy. The food will have the right ingredients to meet your dogs needs. She is 6 months? Remember if you are switching foods to do it slowly to avoid stomach upset, diarrhea, etc. She's beautiful!

Sailor answered on 3/29/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Here's a good thread with basic information on what to look for in dog food:
www.dogster.com

Here's one on large breed puppy nutrition:
www.dogster.com

I as well say a large breed puppy food. Deogie was on Innova brand until the age of 2.
Have a good one.

J. J.

My personal favorite is the Nutro Ultra Large Breed Adult. They also have a large breed puppy formula in this line of food. The protein sources are chicken, lamb, and salmon, and they also contain a lot of fruits and vegetables. My dog has absolutely blossomed on this food, and he never hesitates to eat all of his food.

Check out their website: www.nutro.com

J. J. answered on 3/30/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

I would go with Innova large puppy til 18 mo- 2 yrs at least. there is some very large puppies in the raw forum as well if you want to post there.

for Nutro, my dog was sick on that multiple times as a puppy. Supposely they fixed that issue, but if they have to fix something, I don't think that's good. but that is merely my opinion.
I have had some issues with certain companies.

if you find a good food that the dog does remarkably well on then stick with it. :)

good luck

Kazba

I have been using Nutro for over 12 years now and have never had a problem. But I do agree with the post of you find a food and if it works for you then go with it.

Kazba answered on 3/30/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Purina, for example uses horrible ingredients in their food. They use the cheapest ingredients in their foods. The first ingredient should always be meat, real meat. The first ingredient in Purina Beneful (for example) is ground yellow corn. You are better off feeding a better dog food. Take a close look at the ingredients - corn, whole wheat flour, animal fat, soy, water, rice flour, pearled barley, sugar, menadione, etc., let's just say that this food is one of the worst you can feed. Purina is exactly like feeding your dog a whole bottle of syrup and greasy McDonald's for every meal, except worse.

Check out these sites to learn more about dog food -

What's REALLY in pet food? -

www.bornfreeusa.org

recipes4pet.com

Dog foods I highly recommend -

Orijen
Solid Gold
Primal Pet Foods
Organix Dog Food
Holistic Selects
Honest Kitchen
Timberwolf Organics

Dog food companies such as Pedigree, Purina, Iams, Eukanuba, Bil Jac, Ol' Roy, Kibbles N' Bits, Royal Canine, Science Diet, etc., don't care what goes into their dog food. They use the lowest quality of ingredients in their pet food.

I feed Orijen and my dogs do great on the food. I've never had a problem with Orijen, it's the best food for dogs and cats out there. Feeding a raw or a home cooked diet is also a great thing to do for your pet. Feed the best food to your pet. Here's the Dogster Raw Food Diet Forum and Home Prepared Foods and Recipes Forum -

www.dogster.com

www.dogster.com