Sadie

What is my dog's breed?

I have never found out Sadie's breed. We were told she was a pekepoo/schnauzer mix. I really don't believe this. I have tried to figure it out but need input on what breed she might be. I have an idea of what her mix is but not sure. It would be nice to tell people what breed she is when they ask. Thanks!

Asked by Sadie on Oct 29th 2011 in Breeds

Answers

Romeo

Hi, i had two mutt's I can tell of what mix they where i look at on Google. Well your dog is CUTE, she i a shih tzu and a Yorkie mix. Her hair look's like a yorkie hair (just not really silky) That is where the shih tuz come's in that hair. I looked on google and she look's nothing like a pekeuz. I agree she looks nothing like a pekepoo schnauzer mix at ALL!!!

I hope this helps

P.S -if she shed she is not a yorkie and a shih tzu

Romeo answered on 10/29/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

SNEAKERS

There are DNA Test Kits available, where you can do a oral swab, send it off, and in a few weeks, get a nice report on the consistency of your Dogs Ancestry. I used the Wisdom Panel Test, and you can see the information on it at...
www.wisdompanel.com

Now, you're probably going to hear some "comments" on the accuracy of this type test. But, technology rules, and at some point, the “Nay Sayers” are going to be compelled to yield to Empirical Data.

There’s a difference between an animal being Purebred (Pure Blood Line), and having Provable Lineage or Ancestry !

My intent was to verify if my animal was Purebred. To validate that it had an uninterrupted bloodline of, and only Yorkshire Terrier. DNA Testing does that.

If you wish to verify the Lineage of your Dog, then pursue the “Paper Trail”, via your Breeder, AKC, DRA, UKC or the Parent Club Documentation. This too can also be called Ancestry, and these two methods “should” be complimentary, not exclusive. Just because a Breeder can document that their animals have been registered through AKC or another agency for several generations, does NOT mean they are Purebred.

Wisdom Panel are not the only tests available, nor do they cover every Breed. One can get some very intensive Test done (which cost more) that go back farther than the number of generations that Wisdom does. Be sure that any test you select, meets the requirements for your Breed of Dog, and how far back you would like to see the Blood Line documented.

Also, cost may be an issue. Wisdom generally retails for about $70, but, if one looks around, it can be had for less when on sale. Got mine for $50. A good search phrase would be “canine dna test kits”.

When they get the analysis done, Wisdom gives you an Ancestry Certification Certificate. which looks like this...
i246.photobucket.com

Metaphorically speaking:
Lineage (the Paper Trail) tells you of the Trunk and its Branches.
DNA tells you if the Leaves are all the same color.

SNEAKERS answered on 10/29/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer